Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was raining all day today. Drizzling sometimes hard for a little bit and sometimes not but just constant as its fall weather and getting cold.

I got in my car after work and turned on the fans and heat only to find low air flow coming out of the vents. Last time this happened it was on the summer after a rainfall.

I figured I'd check my air cabin filter and surely enough it's soaking wet both the first time and now this is the case.

Has anyone else had this issue? Just wondering if it may be something I have to clean out or some section isn't closed letting water in or so.

Both times this has happened the car had been sitting in the rain for hours. It worked fine this morning when I had to use the heat and fans then, but after work was brutal.

Thanks in advance.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,726 Posts

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,726 Posts
No, it's not normal for a 2012 or a 2006. Did your 2012 spend some time in a downpour or car wash?

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
A wet cabin filter isn't normal for the '11, either. It rains a lot here but my cabin filter has never been wet. Could air the intake drain possibly be blocked with some sort of residue, allowing water to fill it and then enter the HVAC air intake?

·
Registered
2 Posts
It rain a lot and heavily last week... I will check under the crowl cover for obstruction . But the tsb is only for 2006 and 2007 so they must have solve the problem on 2011 and 2012...

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Does your RAV have water in the floor area, or do you find it only in the filter? The TSB apparently has to do with leaks which are bad enough for water to get onto the floor, so hopefully your situation reportedly with having the cabin air filter wet is easier to solve.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts