Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

When my "low fuel" indicator comes on, I've driven it to the point where it indicates I have 15 km left, but when I go to fill up, it's full at 45 litres. To my understanding, we have 60 litre tanks, which leaves 15 litres of unused gas. Is there a way to set the low fuel indicator to come on a little later?

With that said, even though it shows 15 km remaining and after fill up it fills up 45 litres, I'm assuming I can still go past 0 km remaining for about another 10 litres. That's a possible extra 100 km of driving. Has anyone actually tried that? Of course I won't push it too much cuz I don't want to run out while driving, but it would be nice to know if I actually have that much more to drive on.

For the Americans, 100 km is 62 miles and 15 litres is 4 gallons.

Thanks.

·
Registered
218 Posts
We have a 56l tank. What model do you have? I have the hybrid LTD. If you do a search I've posted about this before:

"Latest Fillup
So I let the car show me the gas light before I filled up this time to see exactly how far we could go when it comes on. It took just over 44l to fill, meaning there is ~12l left in the tank - enough to to go ~150km (94mi) before it actually runs out. "

It can't be adjusted and you don't want to, especially in the hybrid. Run out of gas and you might be in for a tow to the dealer to clear a code to get you going again. (Again - search for previous posts where this was discussed)

Hi All,

When my "low fuel" indicator comes on, I've driven it to the point where it indicates I have 15 km left, but when I go to fill up, it's full at 45 litres. To my understanding, we have 60 litre tanks, which leaves 15 litres of unused gas. Is there a way to set the low fuel indicator to come on a little later?

With that said, even though it shows 15 km remaining and after fill up it fills up 45 litres, I'm assuming I can still go past 0 km remaining for about another 10 litres. That's a possible extra 100 km of driving. Has anyone actually tried that? Of course I won't push it too much cuz I don't want to run out while driving, but it would be nice to know if I actually have that much more to drive on.

For the Americans, 100 km is 62 miles and 15 litres is 4 gallons.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have a 56l tank. What model do you have? I have the hybrid LTD. If you do a search I've posted about this before:

"Latest Fillup
So I let the car show me the gas light before I filled up this time to see exactly how far we could go when it comes on. It took just over 44l to fill, meaning there is ~12l left in the tank - enough to to go ~150km (94mi) before it actually runs out. "

It can't be adjusted and you don't want to, especially in the hybrid. Run out of gas and you might be in for a tow to the dealer to clear a code to get you going again. (Again - search for previous posts where this was discussed)

Thanks...I'll search for that thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts