Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a weird problem today. My 2003 Rav4 was just above a 1/4 tank full when I took it to a gas station today to fill it up. After the car was filled up, I went to start the car. After starting I saw that the Fill up tank light was on and my fuel gauge was now at the empty mark. Any idea what could have caused this. Obviously the car is running on a full tank after refueling and even before it was running at a 1/4 tank. What could have all of a sudden caused it to show empty on the gauge right after refueling?? Gonna call the dealer tomorrow to schedule service but thought I'd try asking on the board first to see if anyone else has had this issue.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was getting ready to call the dealer today....and guess what. The needle on the gauge started to move back up to the Full line and the light went off. It seems to be working again. I'll keep an eye on it to see if it happens again.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had the exact same thing happen in my 02, and I just headed for home since I knew the tank was full. After about six miles the needle swung up to full and the light went out. I've heard the gas gages are rather quirky, so now I verify with the trip odometer. No way I'm anywhere near empty till at least 300 miles go by!

Pete

1 - 5 of 5 Posts