Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 RAV 4. When slowing down or coming to complete stop, idle drops below 500. Fells like its going to stall out but never has. Very intermittent when this happens.I can drive to next light or stop sign and then it seems fine. Anyone experience this before or have any idea what it is?

·
Registered
30 Posts
The most common problem is restricted air flow to the engine, you should check the air filter and replace it if it is dirty or has been a while since the last one. Best of luck!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
2007 RAV 4. When slowing down or coming to complete stop, idle drops below 500. Fells like its going to stall out but never has. Very intermittent when this happens.I can drive to next light or stop sign and then it seems fine. Anyone experience this before or have any idea what it is?
Check if the throttle body and MAF sensor is dirty. Clean if necessary.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You didn't mention which engine you have - I will assume the 2.4L. Try cleaning the throttle body butterfly valve and the bore with carb cleaner and a soft, clean cloth. Much improved idle characteristics.

My '2006's low/shaky idle only happens (sometimes) with a combination of a hot engine and warm to hot weather.

By the way, the problem happens when the engine is idling. Restricted airflow can't happen at idle engine revs. That idea is ridiculous !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts