Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

just wanted to see if anyone also has this...

On low speed bumps in the road with all the music etc off i hear what seems like plastic shifting or adjusting? its something i notice (i have OCD) but for non OCD people like my wife it wouldn't even be a second thought unless your really paying attention.

Just thought anyone else has heard something similar and figured out the source, it kind of sounds like suspension at first but after listening to it a few times. I can assume it is interior and coming from somewhere near the driver side (close to the door or dash side of driver side). Also i only notice it on low speed bumps in the road probably under 40km.

Anyone having same issue, if you could share your experience that would be great!

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
Since you didn't fill out your profile page, we have no way of knowing the model year and trim level of your RAV4.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have a look at the exhaust pipe hanger and shake the tail pipe to see if the exhaust assembly will touch the body.

Cheers

Ross

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hey guys,

just wanted to see if anyone also has this...

On low speed bumps in the road with all the music etc off i hear what seems like plastic shifting or adjusting? its something i notice (i have OCD) but for non OCD people like my wife it wouldn't even be a second thought unless your really paying attention.

Just thought anyone else has heard something similar and figured out the source, it kind of sounds like suspension at first but after listening to it a few times. I can assume it is interior and coming from somewhere near the driver side (close to the door or dash side of driver side). Also i only notice it on low speed bumps in the road probably under 40km.

Anyone having same issue, if you could share your experience that would be great!
I also have a 2016 SE

I have a similar problem and I thought the rattling came from the front passenger's side. My son who was sitting in the front passenger's seat said the rattling sound sounded like it came from the center of the vehicle.

He figured it out that it was my sunglasses in the sunglasses holder up above. When I open the holder or take my sunglasses out, the rattling stops.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I also have a 2016 SE

I have a similar problem and I thought the rattling came from the front passenger's side. My son who was sitting in the front passenger's seat said the rattling sound sounded like it came from the center of the vehicle.

He figured it out that it was my sunglasses in the sunglasses holder up above. When I open the holder or take my sunglasses out, the rattling stops.

That has happened to a variety of Toyota vehicles. ?

·
Registered
428 Posts
First rule of thumb for interior rattle is empty the inside completely then take for a test drive. That way the sunglasses or lose change thing doesn't send you on a needless chase.
I have a 2016 SE and have heard a strange rattle for just one drive then never heard again. I'd guess center of car somewhere. No idea what it was, but it was pretty faint as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts