Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to paint the lower dash sections (that are tan) to match the darker grey of the upper dash. I'll need to remove the glove box and the trim sections next to it and the lower dash panel sections on the drivers side. I'm pretty sure I can figure most of it out. Has anyone removed these panels before and are there any hidden screws, clips, etc.? toyota-rav4-2006-interior lower dash.jpg

·
Registered
244 Posts
I remived the glovebox door some times for audio wiring, that is. Very easy.
Just push in the side bars of the glovebox door and it will fall out it's hinges.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I figure the glove box door is easy enough, I also want to remove the ttim panels on either side. Any ideas on that?

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,925 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for posting that JuneBug. Awesome write up! Thanks. I don't plan to be that aggressive but it's always encouraging to see a challenging DIY especially since the Toyota experts told you it couldn't be done. Great job! I enjoyed reading that.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats a good option I hadn't considered rav4system. It'll come down to dollars and cents since either way I have to remove the panels. I will explore that option, thanks!

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,925 Posts
this guy took apart the upper dash......op is looking to remove the lower section.....if i was in his/her position i would buy the parts off a sport so i would not have to paint anything....
Are you saying he can remove the lower sections without removing the upper sections? Except for the lower steering column housing I just don't see how that's possible.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Are you saying he can remove the lower sections without removing the upper sections? Except for the lower steering column housing I just don't see how that's possible.
Maybe he can and maybe he can't....I have never read of anyone doing it so who knows.....I figured by your wording that you had misread or misunderstood the op's desire......would be interesting to know if the entire dash is easy to remove.....the one deal breaker for me on the limited models are the dash color.....love the black of the sport model....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts