Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 HYBRID LIMITED
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at Eibach springs at Tire Rack and saw the the ReadyLift kit has a special price of $283 with free shipping. Just wanted to pass this along to anyone thinking about the kit. I haven't decided yet which one I am going with.

·
Registered
2019 Hybrid XLE
14 Posts
Nice.
I just saw the ReadyLift kit (69-5920) for $299 on Amazon (New). I just got the used ones on Amazon for $201. I figure with their return policy, I can easily inspect them when they arrive, and send them back if I see anything wrong with them. Happy deal hunting guys!

·
Registered
56 Posts
ready lift doesn't have the spacers for rear control arm to extend outwards, and the rear shock to drop down 1". Also noticed the subframe brace extension isn't included with a ready lift vs rough country.

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 HYBRID LIMITED
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ready lift doesn't have the spacers for rear control arm to extend outwards, and the rear shock to drop down 1". Also noticed the subframe brace extension isn't included with a ready lift vs rough country.
I've seen reviews that say Rough Country is budget stuff that breaks easily.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've seen reviews that say Rough Country is budget stuff that breaks easily.
I have read that too, but comparing the 2 kits, and other lift kits, the only thing I'd be concern would be the welds for the front shock spacer, and rear spring spacer. With what I see in the design it's identical to the Ready Lift and Torq kit. There are a few members that have been running the kit for a year without issues as well.

·
Registered
2019 RAV4 LE Hybrid
32 Posts
Yes, hearing lots of issues with the Rough Country lifts on RAV4 G5. Some do OK but plenty of issues to worry about.

I am not seeing any issues with ReadyLift or Torq Engineering kits.

Not any mechanical issues with the LP Aventure lift, but it provides essentially the same thing as the ReadyLift and Torq kits at three times the price. $900 is just way too much for what it is and I wouldn't even consider it.

I am going with the ReadyLift simply because it lifts the rear 1.5" vs the 1" lift provided by the Torq kit. The Torq nearly levels the RAV4 but the ReadyLift maintains more rake, which I prefer for the somewhat saggy-assed RAV.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hearing lots of issues? I have only seen 1 which was an incorrect bracket. I'd like to know of these issues...Feel free to provide the links. thanks!

·
Registered
2019 RAV4 LE Hybrid
32 Posts
More like rattles, vibrations and folks sending the Rough Country kit back before installing. I am not saying it is a bad kit, but it is enough to make me look elsewhere when other kits don't seem to generate the same complaints.

·
Registered
2019 RAV4 LE Hybrid
32 Posts
please provide the posts about that. I would like to know more about the rattles and vibrations.
These are anecdotes from 4WD shops and Toyota dealerships I talked to who install lift kits on RAV4 vehicles. They all recommend the ReadyLift and have no problem installing the Torq kit, as well. No issues with either, they just preferred the quality of the ReadyLift a bit over the TE.

They all steered me away from the Rough Country for the above-mentioned reasons and said they would rather not install the LP Aventure kit due to its cost (poor value). These are shops that install these kits and are keenly aware of what issues their customers have subsequent to these installations. That's why I take their word for it.

·
Registered
2019 RAV4 LE Hybrid
32 Posts
I was looking at Eibach springs at Tire Rack and saw the the ReadyLift kit has a special price of $283 with free shipping. Just wanted to pass this along to anyone thinking about the kit. I haven't decided yet which one I am going with.
Thank you so much for the tip! Purchased and will be here on Tuesday!

·
Registered
2019 Hybrid XLE
14 Posts
dude.
The RL SST kit that I grabbed for $200 came today. The box was pretty tore up (probably the reason for the deep discount) but all the parts were there and they were pristine. The RL packaging/foam did a great job of protecting the parts, even tho the box looked pretty ragged & beat up.
I’m actually pretty surprised.
I’m pretty stoked. I hope I have time to install them this weekend.
Nice.
I just saw the ReadyLift kit (69-5920) for $299 on Amazon (New). I just got the used ones on Amazon for $201. I figure with their return policy, I can easily inspect them when they arrive, and send them back if I see anything wrong with them. Happy deal hunting guys!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts