Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering adding the OEM hitch to my 2010 v6 4wd Rav. But lately I've taken to exploring ghost towns throughout the desert which requires a lot of dirt roads and some off roading. I know we already don't have much ground clearance, but how significant is the difference? :nerd

·
Super Moderator
11,247 Posts
Insignificant at the hitch compared with under the engine, transaxle and evap system under the driver's floor.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I have the OEM hitch and it is tucked up very close to the bottom of the rear bumper (closer than most aftermarket hitches I've seen).

Here's a photo of my RAV4 from a different post (ignore the red circles) which should show pretty clearly that other parts of the vehicle are lower.

Obviously it reduces the departure angle (any RAV4 hitch would), but strictly from a ground clearance perspective you shouldn't notice any difference.

Reactions: pico

·
Super Moderator
11,247 Posts
Anything that hits the hitch, even a lower aftermarket one, would already have hit and possibly damaged expensive parts under the front of the vehicle. If the hitch hits while going thru a dip or while backing up it won't be damaged. In fact it may protect the rear underneath.

Reactions: pico
1 - 4 of 4 Posts