Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So great news, finally got my Rav back from the dealer with a new trans and ecu so it's officially time to start making it mine.

So I want to lower my girl here and have a few (many) questions for those of y'all whom have lowered yours. Questions are..

Do you use just Springs, or both Springs and shocks to drop it?

What is the lowest you have successfully gone without any rubbing, steering, etc issues at all?

I see alot about HR Springs, is this the best brand to use or is there a better quality lowering kit out there? I'm looking for the best feeling and highest quality from top to bottom.

I've seen a few videos where guys replace shocks and Springs right in there driveway with just a jack and ratchet, is this how simple it is when applying new lowering parts? I would almost imagine it would be easier considering the springs are smaller.

Any input would be awesome y'all! Can't wait to start working on my rav. Next is the acoustics, love my auto audio. Found a stock amp plug that allows subs to be used with the original head unit and considering how great the speakers sound now I think they will be fine with my amp and subs without being replaced.

Thanks guys and gals.

Lurchy

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just inherited a 2001 Rav4 and am also interested in the HR springs- My Rav4 is 2wd/automatic and is the family daily driver/grocery-getter. I would like to change the car's stance and maybe improve handling a bit- PLEASE post feedback on the HR springs or other options!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts