Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking around on the interwebs trying to figure out a way to lower the rav4 with limited luck

since i live in norway we need TUV aproval for all aftermarket parts.

i want to be able to adjust the suspenson to suit my needs
so a coilover suspension setup is the best

have anyone stumbled upon it?

Toyota rav4 Executive 2015.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Oh ok. Not sure what TUV approval is though. It's just the only thread I know of where the rav was lowered. Hope you find what you're looking for though.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TUV approval, its acctually german and its a paper saying a set product is witin specs

to get the approval the parts gotta be sent in to a lab in germany, tested and if they hold ,up they get a paper saying they do.

or as we like to say it in norway, its a cheap way for our vehicle registration offices to tell us that they dont like modifications to vehicles.

every change you do to your vehicle here is almost illegal starting to loosen up though....

cupple years ago it was so strickt that if u changed wheel size say 16" to 17" summer wintertires etc of diffrent dimentions.
you had to have tuv papers on the non original wheelset, take the vehicle to the registration office so they could see that nothing was rubbing and add the new size to your registration.

well they could llook away from the tuv papers as its not a needed paper but they say it is...

still trying to get a bike registred ... its a pain in the ass cuz it dosent have type approval and they want to make it hard for me ....

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yeah haven't been on in a long time, had a kid, bought a house.. Anyhow, yes it can be lowered but not many options Around.. Also, I will let ya know I am selling the Coilovers I had on my RAV4... $400 buyer pays shipping... My lease is ending soon and plan on getting the newer Tacoma, finding it harder to get things for the house without taking two cars, can't put a lot when I have a car seat in the back for our baby

1 - 6 of 6 Posts