Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
Bought a set of used alloy wheels (off 2017 Sienna) for my 2015 RAV4 LE AWD. I am now wondering if I can use the same (Acorn) lug nuts from my existing steel wheels or I will have to buy a set of Mag wheel lug nuts. Any help would be highly appreciated. Also, please part number as well, if you have one. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Better to get the proper lugs. The acorns won’t grab enough threads on the studs. You can get them from _mazon too, likely for a much better price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for the prompt reply. The Toyota parts website shows two different 90084-94001 and 90942-01033 part numbers for my vehicle. Any idea, which one I should get. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
12,175 Posts
Please post links to the two parts.

·
Super Moderator
12,175 Posts
They both look the same to me so I'd buy the first less expensive one.

·
Registered
73 Posts
They both look the same to me so I'd buy the first less expensive one.
The cheaper one may be steel capped with an aluminum beauty cover and the more expensive one chrome plated. I had the former on my old Sienna and eventually had to replace a bunch because rust caused them to swell to the point where the lug wrench wouldn't fit.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I brought a 4 sets from crappy tire which are chrome plated for my winter tires. When I did the switch over a couple of weeks ago, I noticed rust on them already, I cleaned them up as best I could. The wife came out to the garage & asked what I was doing, just polishing my nuts dear!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The cheaper one may be steel capped with an aluminum beauty cover and the more expensive one chrome plated. I had the former on my old Sienna and eventually had to replace a bunch because rust caused them to swell to the point where the lug wrench wouldn't fit.
Here is another interesting thing. The one that is cheaper at the Scarborough Toyota is more expensive at the Brantford Toyota:.

·
Super Moderator
12,175 Posts
Reactions: autopilot
1 - 12 of 12 Posts