Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm Michael. Joined this site right before I picked up my 2016 LE in Silver Back at the end of December 2015. It's been a long time since I had a toyota, but I remember why I loved them so much. Simple, efficient, and always built well.

I've had a plethora of experience with all kinds of cars, domestic and import. I've owned everything from a '74 240z to a 2002 Expedition 4x2. I've worked on and modded my own stuff until the last few years, when nursing school and life just got in the way of constantly wrenching on stuff. I'm big on autocross, and currently have an '86 Mustang GT that I put together to do it with, and turn a few heads in the process. She was my last project with my late father, which is a lot of the reason I still have it. She's due for an overhaul, and I'm currently working myself into a better life position so that I can accomplish what I need to, without having to worry about what bills I won't pay to get it done like I used to in my college years, lol.

Anyway, enough of my history - lets look at some pictures!

First shots of the RAV:

Plans are to get the windows tinted on Thursday, and will eventually add floor liners, a trailer hitch and a bike mount, and add a subwoofer from my old car. Also considering a set of springs, just help it handle and drive a bit better. It's a lease, and I'm really not interested in tearing apart a brand new car just yet. This one is my first, so I'm trying my best to keep things in their best condition, lol.

Shots of the Mustang: She's waiting patiently in storage for me to get back to fixing 30 years of use, with the last 8 or so being on course or playing on the street...

Current condition:

This car has had the kitchen sink thrown at it - Big brakes, Staggered tire setup, Konis and Custom springs, Completely redesigned rear suspension, helical differential, etc. Plans are to upgrade the powertrain, and prep the car for it's final shape, like this - sans stickers and big wing:

315's all the way around, and a new 5.0 and all the amenities. It'll be the closest thing to a pro-touring mustang that I can get, lol.

·
Registered
8,596 Posts
Welcome and enjoy your RAV! Would be good to get that 5.0 Mustang fired up while the price of gas is still rather low!:smile

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, y'all!!

Welcome and enjoy your RAV! Would be good to get that 5.0 Mustang fired up while the price of gas is still rather low!
Lol, believe it or not, that ole' horse gets as good or better mileage than some of the imports I've had... She's currently setup to run 87 (or premium with a 150 shot?), and will still get 20ish on the highway, and the in-town mileage is about the same as the 3.5SL Altima that I replaced with the RAV.

It also gets the stank eye at the occasional Autox from the import fankids. The chatter stops when the times get displayed, though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts