Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I am a machinist in my spare time, and make a few parts, usually for the Ford Focus guys. I was contacted by one of your members, who told me that you guys have a pretty common issue with the steering rack bushings going out in your cars. I machine solid aluminum, and also steel sleeved delrin rack bushings for the Focuses, Fiestas, and also a few Volvos.

I'd love to help you guys out if I can, and I am always looking for new projects!

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Welcome! That's a great offer and should be welcome news for RAV owners!:smile

·
Registered
25 Posts
Gun_Runner,
Welcome to the forum! Out of curiosity, do you have a lathe & other stuff @ home or do you do this as "government work" at work? I use to do " government work" at other places I use to worked at . Where I work now, because of FDA regulations it's frowned upon.
- Rav4_333

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gun_Runner,
Welcome to the forum! Out of curiosity, do you have a lathe & other stuff @ home or do you do this as "government work" at work? I use to do " government work" at other places I use to worked at . Where I work now, because of FDA regulations it's frowned upon.
- Rav4_333

Haha, I have a full machine shop at home. I worked at an aerospace machine shop for eight years as a high precision conventional machinist though, and definitely enjoyed using the big lathes for larger projects.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Gun_Runner,
Full shop at home? Cool! That must come in really handy, if Ace hardware doesn't carry it, no problem ;)
- Rav4_333

1 - 8 of 8 Posts