Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for those who have been following me. I've been debating non-stop on what to get. I made my FINAL decision finally, color, everything. I put my depoist down, but the question is what did I decide on?

Was it the more cooler, luxury, stand out car. Or was it the pratical versatile, and cool (in my books) SUV?

Well I did decide on the Rav4. And I chose BLACK as the color. And it is the limited model, with premium sound, side air bags, fenderflares, leather / heated seats, sunroof, side steps. I just went all out lol. Has just about every option.

I am very happy and I'm solid that this was my best choice.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bmorton said:
How long did the dealer say it would take to get it in?
I will find out later today. I might possibly have it by Friday. *Fingers Crossed*

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
flyingn said:
wait a sec.. Fender flares on a LIMITED?? Thats only on the sport and not available on any other one down here..
It comes with the option B limited package. The one with the leather etc. Try pricing out the Limited V6 and choose the Option B package on the Toyota Canada website.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I got a call and it'll take 3 weeks. My Rav4 is on a ship on its way :)
March 20th is the expected arrival. (Kelly do they sometimes arrive sooner? )

Anyways the leater seats are fantastic! That is what helped me decide so quickly on the rav4. The only thing I'm sad about is that it wont' be a manual :( I wanted to get a manual so bad, but thats ok. I got everything else I wanted except for the color I wanted (Flint Mica) and Stick. But that's fine. Black is good, and 5 speed auto will do I guess ;)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
If you wanted a cool SUV with manual trans. ; did you consider the Toyota FJ Cruiser. It is the epitome of cool and comes with a 6 speed manual. No leather seats, although that can be easily obtained through the aftermarket. :D They both are in the same price range. And you will definitely get more looks :shock: with the Cruiser! JMHO. :D

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Derek said:
If you wanted a cool SUV with manual trans. ; did you consider the Toyota FJ Cruiser. It is the epitome of cool and comes with a 6 speed manual. No leather seats, although that can be easily obtained through the aftermarket. :D They both are in the same price range. And you will definitely get more looks :shock: with the Cruiser! JMHO. :D
The Crusier while is Nice, is very bad on gas, no sunroof, no leather & it's the type of the thing that seems to be either hit or miss with people.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Agent,

Tell me about it. Im missing my stick a lot. Slowly getting used to the brainless Auto. Oh Toy, release a 6 spd manual V6 Sport 4WD.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Same here - we're in a situation where we're thinking about downsizing to one new vehicle (we currently have a Subaru in addition to our '00 RAV4). Right now the RAV4 V6 is high on the list but not having a manual transmission option is an issue for me. That's the way the market is going, but my worry would be that over time I'd get bored with the automatic. Having the V6 would help, but it's hard to say for sure.

·
Registered
132 Posts
bmorton said:
.... not having a manual transmission option is an issue for me. That's the way the market is going, but my worry would be that over time I'd get bored with the automatic. Having the V6 would help, but it's hard to say for sure.
Yeah, I am mystified about the no-stick option :? .... Even the salespeople discourage you from getting a stick. If more people drove sticks here in the US, you wouldn't hear as many complaints about the Rav's lack of power. Probably why power is not that much of an issue in Europe.... Hopefully they'll have a manual option in 2007??? I'm keeping my fingers crossed....

Aaah the thrill of changing gears, and letting the clutch fly :D ..... I guess the majority of people in the US never drove a stick so they don't know what they're missing...... The only place where I wouldn't want the stick is in bumper-to-bumper traffic, but if you live in a congested city, why would you even worry about not having enough speed or power anyway?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sticks have horrible to non-existent resale value in the US. Who wants a soccer-mom SUV with a stick? I say this with experience, I had a 2002 Honda CRV with a stick and I just could not sell it. I advertised it everywhere I could think of, internet, local, St. Louis, newpaper, Trader magazines. I lowered the price to wholesale level. No dealers wanted it for trade. After 4 weeks I never had a single person look at it. It sold to, get this, an export company who sent it to Russia! My old V is in Moscow now!

I pretty much liked the stick but would never make that mistake again.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Wannabe said:
Sticks have horrible to non-existent resale value in the US.....

I traded in my 2000 RAV4.1 ( a stick) for my current '03 4.2. I got a great trade-in value, but of course that was just to offset the ridiculously high sticker price of the '03, so in the end I probably just got an average deal.... oh well. But even so it was only $500.00 less than if it had been an auto.... I guess it depends on the dealer.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Wannabe said:
Sticks have horrible to non-existent resale value in the US. Who wants a soccer-mom SUV with a stick? I say this with experience, I had a 2002 Honda CRV with a stick and I just could not sell it. I advertised it everywhere I could think of, internet, local, St. Louis, newpaper, Trader magazines. I lowered the price to wholesale level. No dealers wanted it for trade. After 4 weeks I never had a single person look at it. It sold to, get this, an export company who sent it to Russia! My old V is in Moscow now!

Guess it depends on your priorities. Personally, I'll never make the mistake of buying a vehicle that I don't like as much because I think it'll have better resale value than another car I like better. I'm the one who has to drive it. A co-worker bought a 2003 CR-V with a stick because that's what he and his wife prefer, simple as that.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here here bmroton. If the RAV was available in stick, oh yeah, I would have chosen it over a brainless auto version anyday of the week. Missing my stick.

By the way, I traded in a 2005 Saab 9-2x 5 speed.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
That's interesting, because a 2006 9-2X is on the short list of cars I'd consider if we decide to keep our 2000 RAV as a second car, and only trade in my 2004 Impreza (which I like) in on something new, instead of downsizing to one vehicle. Was your 9-2X the Linear or Aero?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
bmorton,

Aero only baby. dont you dare by the castrated Linear. Paid $18750 for my 9-2X May 2005 and got $19,300 for her last month. 15,500 miles on her. Not too many people can make money on a car after driving it for that long.

Get the Cobb Accessport, take out the stock uppipe and TBE and replace them with suitable aftermaket. Watch the car come alive.

Go to www.saab92x.com

1 - 20 of 20 Posts