Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone I went to Auto Zone a few weeks ago because my CEL, 4WD, and VSC lights were all on. Obviously Auto Zone told me it was my MAF sensor. I ordered the exact same one that was originally in the vehicle. My boyfriend placed it in my vehicle last week for me. We turned on my car and the lights did not go off. He reset the codes and of course I drove it for like 100 Miles and the lights came back. So, I then proceeded to take it back to Auto Zone and I asked them to reset my codes and the guy said he did. Drove for about 10 minutes and the lights came back on. Last night, My boyfriend disconnected the battery from my car for about an hour. Reconnected it and the lights stayed off for our 15 minute drive. However, when we got back in my lights turned back on. Does anyone have any ideas of what I could do or try? This is seriously driving me CRAZY! I also miss my cruise control lol.

·
Super Moderator
10,126 Posts
In my years here I can't recall another MAF sensor failure. Could you give us the code(s) AZ is reading?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Hello Everyone I went to Auto Zone a few weeks ago because my CEL, 4WD, and VSC lights were all on. Obviously Auto Zone told me it was my MAF sensor. I ordered the exact same one that was originally in the vehicle. My boyfriend placed it in my vehicle last week for me. We turned on my car and the lights did not go off. He reset the codes and of course I drove it for like 100 Miles and the lights came back. So, I then proceeded to take it back to Auto Zone and I asked them to reset my codes and the guy said he did. Drove for about 10 minutes and the lights came back on. Last night, My boyfriend disconnected the battery from my car for about an hour. Reconnected it and the lights stayed off for our 15 minute drive. However, when we got back in my lights turned back on. Does anyone have any ideas of what I could do or try? This is seriously driving me CRAZY! I also miss my cruise control lol.

Found this from another thread.Might be something to check

lampshade (P0101 and P0171) popped up after replacing the air filter. I wanted to post here in case someone else comes across this thread like I did.

There's a rubber hose about 1" in diameter that plugs into the air intake housing right beyond the mass air flow sensor. Opening up the air filter box could very easily cause this to become unplugged. Pop the hose back into the hole and the CEL (along with the other lights) should go away after a few driving cycles.

·
Super Moderator
10,126 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts