Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
I have a Magnaflow on my 02 Camry V6 and it had a really nice low growl to it everytime I step on the gas.

I would love to hear my new V6 growl with that exhaust.

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
spyman said:
I have a Magnaflow on my 02 Camry V6 and it had a really nice low growl to it everytime I step on the gas.

I would love to hear my new V6 growl with that exhaust.
Yes the magnaflow would sound nice on the RAV V6. I had a 02 Stratus R/T Sedan V6 with one, sounded awesome :twisted:

S

·
0 Posts
flyingn said:
JBL system has 440 watts and a subwoofer in the rear hatch. its quite a factory system
Sounds about right, it is really loud, i can't turn the bass up too much as it really rumbles....lol

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:lol: That's right mensajero, I'll keep her stealthy as possible. 8)

I did get a email response from MagnaFlow... "Magnaflow currently does not offer a system for the new Toyota RAV4. As of now there are no plans to produce one however I will make note of this request as we may in the future. Please check with Magnaflow.com for updates and future releases. Thank you for your interest in Magnaflow Performance Exhaust."

come on guys/gals, send MagnaFlow an email! [email protected]

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
That is a step in the right direction. Now, plan B, Everyone who has a RAV4.3, with a V6 or even a 4 cylinder, should drop Magnaflow and Borla an E-mail with the same request. :wink: Once they see that their is a market for this kit, they will start talking. Then it's a question that Magnaflow or Borla rent a RAV4.3 for the weekend and start to take measurements. Better yet, anyone who lives where these companies are? Rancho Santa Margarita, CA. Should offer their RAV4.3 so they can use it as a model. Who knows, you night get a contract to promote the new exhaust and get some good money for it.

They are looking for prototypes to work on to develop kits.

"You will be required to bring your vehicle to MAGNAFLOW Performance Exhaust,
in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA during our normal business hours,
Monday thru Friday 7:00am to 3:30pm."

Damn guys, check this out
http://www.magnaflow.com/10projectvehicle/prototype.asp

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
good point about Borla. i just emailed them with the same request. Here is their email [email protected] <[email protected]>

... and here is Borla's response ... "Thank you for contacting BORLA PERFORMANCE. Not at this but keep checking back if there is a demand for them than we will R&D will look into it so you never know. If you have additional questions regarding Borla exhaust check out our web site www.Borla.com You may contact me direct anytime Mon-Fri 8:30-5:00 PST with questions or concerns regarding our products."

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Just an observation here. :D When flipping through some performance magazines, have you noticed that Borla and Magnaflow do not really support import cars? They have tons of catback systems for American cars/trucks/SUVs, but not much at all for foreign cars. And if it is for a foreign make, it is for popular tuner cars such as Honda Civic, Mitsu. EVO, WRX, etc..

These companies have not created a system for our RAVs in the past 2 generations, I don't think they'll be much interested in doing so in the future. I am certain that even if 100 members here request for a catback system, it will still not turn a profit for these companies to be willing to invest R&D and tooling for it.

The only way that I see a possibility of this happening, is if the V6 RAV becomes a future tuner car here in the U.S.. With increasing demand from many performance enthusiasts who make the RAV a popular car to modify, it could happen. :D

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Well, everyone who is at that track knows what you brought to the tuner arena. Power in a relatively small chassis. The principal of performance driving and racing, a light chassis and a lot of power. Everyone will start to say, "What if...". Then everyone will want to test it. On the Street, Off Road, Rock Climbing, in the Mud [on this one, it would be a sin, but aren't we all sinners :lol: ] , Solo 1 and Solo 2. You name it, it will be tested.

And don't say: "Na, not me" Yea right, I said the same thing when I bought mine. Until I started to see a lot of cool stuff from TRD.

Keep RAVin. 8)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts