1 - 3 of 3 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all you petrol heads,

can anyone comment on the following

1 main and big end bearing failure on 2003 gx auto ,mileage 19500
2 toytoa have repaired this under warrenty do you think they should have replaced the complete engine as they said the cause of the failure was low oil pressure.
3 still have top end rattle when cold (note not at start up or just on tick over ) when under driving conditions at 2000rpm .This disapears when engine is up to temp.
4 Toyota GB (bath) have been not been helpful on this matter. :( :(

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
SWAGER said:
Hi all you petrol heads,

can anyone comment on the following

1 main and big end bearing failure on 2003 gx auto ,mileage 19500
2 toytoa have repaired this under warrenty do you think they should have replaced the complete engine as they said the cause of the failure was low oil pressure.
3 still have top end rattle when cold (note not at start up or just on tick over ) when under driving conditions at 2000rpm .This disapears when engine is up to temp.
4 Toyota GB (bath) have been not been helpful on this matter. :( :(
the rattle will remain there thats an issue all the rav4's have, your vehicle should be ok, and you have plenty of warranty left so it shouldnt be an issue just follow up on it.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I think I have the ticking you are talking about, it's only when the engine is cold and I have no idea what causes it. It's been there since day one.

In reference to the low oil pressure, that is not common, but you should switch to synethic oil just in case. By the way, keep track of all the service paperwork in case you need to have the bearings replaced again once the warranty is out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts