Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

4500 miles on my '05, running great, but I've noticed the 'Maintenance Required' idiot light has taken to flashing five times when I start up, then it stops and stays off. What does this mean?

Thanks, kj

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Oil change indicator light for the recommended 5000 mile change.

Step eleven:
Reset maintenance req'd light. Turn the key to the 'on' position. Press the trip button meter until it displays the odometer. Turn they key to the off position. Then while holding the trip meter down, turn the key to the 'on' position. 4 blinking dashes will display and they will count down. When the last dash disappears 000000 is displayed to indicate the maintenance counter has been reset.
http://rav4world.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=272&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=reset

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Step eleven:
Reset maintenance req'd light. Turn the key to the 'on' position. Press the trip button meter until it displays the odometer. Turn they key to the off position. Then while holding the trip meter down, turn the key to the 'on' position. 4 blinking dashes will display and they will count down. When the last dash disappears 000000 is displayed to indicate the maintenance counter has been reset.
Beauty. Thanks!

-kj-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts