Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im currently using synthetic blend on my 08 rav4 inline4. Should i go full synthetic im at 80k miles also should i get new spark plugs? It still idles normal.

·
Super Moderator
11,105 Posts
There is no reason or benefit switching to full synthetic at this point but you certainly can if you wish.

Iridium spark plugs last 100K+ miles. Since they are very easy to change on the four banger engine why not? You just might pick up a few miles per gallon.

So you are aware of it- the 2006-08 2.4l engine has faulty rings and can really consume a lot of oil so keep your eye on the level. Toyota will repair it but you will need to set up the involved procedure through your dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no reason or benefit switching to full synthetic at this point but you certainly can if you wish.

Iridium spark plugs last 100K+ miles. Since they are very easy to change on the four banger engine why not? You just might pick up a few miles per gallon.

So you are aware of it- the 2006-08 2.4l engine has faulty rings and can really consume a lot of oil so keep your eye on the level. Toyota will repair it but you will need to set up the involved procedure through your dealer.
Thanks for the reply. How do toyota to fix that problem? Do i just call a local toyota and tell them about a faulty ring?

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
I'd stay with the synth blend; as long as you change your oil and filter in regular intervals I don't see a problem with this?

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Reactions: RTexasF

·
Super Moderator
11,105 Posts
Thanks for the reply. How do toyota to fix that problem? Do i just call a local toyota and tell them about a faulty ring?
Is it consuming oil like there's no tomorrow? See the link on the informative post from Blogson.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts