Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2014 RAV4 has the maintenance required light that blinks for 30 seconds and then goes off after start.

The oils has been changed recently, and the mileage is 6500 miles.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Could very well be it. You could scan for codes to be safe but pretty sure what you are experiencing is that the maintenance light wasn’t reset and it thinks you need an oil change based on mileage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
163 Posts
The Honda system is relatively smart in that it calculates oil life based on vehicle usage. Most of the Toyota systems I've seen are simply a mileage minder. Your owners manual has the procedure for resetting this.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Honda system is relatively smart in that it calculates oil life based on vehicle usage. Most of the Toyota systems I've seen are simply a mileage minder. Your owners manual has the procedure for resetting this.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I looked in my manual and found out how to reset the maintenance required light and did it, The manual stated that if a repair shop changes your oil, they won't reset the MRL. I bought my RAV4 in October of 2014. It has 6,400 miles on the clock. My wife ad I are retired, and don't drive it much. I guess the only time the MRL was reset was during the first year of ownership when TOYOTA changed the oil. I have the oil changed once a year.
Thanks to all of you for your help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts