Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the message on the dash of my parent's 2018 Rav4, non-hybrid with 14k miles. How can I find out what the maintenance is? On my CR-V, the maintenance message comes with codes that you can reference to the owner's manual to figure out exactly what the maintenance is. The Rav4 owner's manual says to refer to the maintenance guide but the maintenance guide is pretty generic. Bottom line, just trying to figure out what maintenance is required.

·
Super Moderator
9,887 Posts
Doesn't it just mean it's oil change time?
It just came up on my '18 Accord at 8800 miles. In fact time I did anything I was 114 miles overdue. Oh No!
I changed the oil and looked up how to clear the warning. When I started the clearing sequence about five or six "do you want to clear this?" scrollable items came up. Figuring what else could a car with 8800 miles need and they were just listed so the dealer could charge you for checking them off, I did a "clear all" w/o ever seeing what they were.

Reactions: DARav4

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 2015 CR-V will specifically say "oil change" along with code(s) that correlate to specific maintenance.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Answered you on the other board. The Honda system is much more intelligent and tracks items against usage. The Toyota system lacks that.

·
Super Moderator
9,887 Posts
Answered you on the other board. The Honda system is much more intelligent and tracks items against usage. The Toyota system lacks that.
What other board?
Yes, even my '06 Accord had a % Oil Life display not just an odometer mileage counter so they've been doing it right for years.

·
Registered
203 Posts
VerticleScope owns a LOT of properties! Never been to ToyotaNation?

And if you happen to also own a Toyota Sienna, come visit me (I have your 'job') there!

·
Super Moderator
9,887 Posts
VerticleScope owns a LOT of properties! Never been to ToyotaNation?

And if you happen to also own a Toyota Sienna, come visit me (I have your 'job') there!
Okay, It seems our OP is getting most of his info (it's an oil change reminder) over on ToyotaNation.

I do have a Sienna, a 2008 4WD LE with just under 200K. Bought it last year for a very good price when nobody else apparently was interested. I was VERY well maintained (no broken door cables!) and runs PERFECT.

Also bought a 2011 Sienna for a missionary family of seven home on furlough. They really appreciate it.
It does have a TPMS error but I spend enough time here to look at other forums.

Reactions: DARav4

·
Registered
203 Posts
I should probably take this off-line, Dr. D., but are you killing spam daily? New member queue full of 'suspect' RU countrymen? It's been really crazy the past two months or so.

·
Super Moderator
9,887 Posts
Dr. D., but are you killing spam daily? New member queue full of 'suspect' RU countrymen? It's been really crazy the past two months or so.
Apparently a lot more folks have time on their hands lately. They must be having contests to see how many sites they can "join." Here an "RU" seals one's fate. IMO our mods are doing a great job of sharing the load.

·
Super Moderator
11,013 Posts
I should probably take this off-line, Dr. D., but are you killing spam daily? New member queue full of 'suspect' RU countrymen? It's been really crazy the past two months or so.
Spam has been coming in by the hundreds. We're doing all we can to control it. Some spammers get through somehow in spite of our best efforts. They're a crafty lot.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Good to hear it's not just me. I get a dozen Approval Queue member requests per day that are not getting automatic rejections, and then I have to look at the IP Match page to see if I should just reject (gentle) or Spam Clean (another mark on their 'permanent record'). Plus all the crap that does get thru (Keto adds, CVD products, members with multiple accounts talking smack to each other, etc.). Oh well, it's what we get paid so handsomely for (NOT)! The joys of being staff.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts