Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found the maintenance schedule for my 2007 Rav4 V6 Limited from Toyota.com (much better than Toyota.ca) but the PDF file only goes to 120,000 miles. Does anyone know what happens after the 120,000 miles service schedule? do you go back to first page and re-do everything starting from the 5000 miles? I am at 135,00 miles now so would my next service be at 120,000 + 15,000 miles? just bought the car when it was at 134,217 miles and got the maintenance record (looks like they did a lot of work but I am checking to ensure they followed the 5,000 and 10,000 miles service. hope I am making sense. Thanks

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Probably a few things that you may look at beyond 120,000 miles. Hopefully the spark plugs and coolant were done. You may consider replacing the PCV valve as insurance. Most people don't replace brake fluid so do that. You can flush the brake fluid or just take out the old fluid in the brake reservoir with a paper towel. Also make sure the caliper slide pins have fresh silicone grease. Most people don't pay too much attention to the transmission fluid so follow the book changing before 60,000 miles. In severe condition like driving on mountainous roads, dusty conditions, towing, short trips etc change it at 25,000 miles. There are not too many things to change beyond 120,000 miles as mentioned so just repeat the cycle again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably a few things that you may look at beyond 120,000 miles. Hopefully the spark plugs and coolant were done. You may consider replacing the PCV valve as insurance. Most people don't replace brake fluid so do that. You can flush the brake fluid or just take out the old fluid in the brake reservoir with a paper towel. Also make sure the caliper slide pins have fresh silicone grease. Most people don't pay too much attention to the transmission fluid so follow the book changing before 60,000 miles. In severe condition like driving on mountainous roads, dusty conditions, towing, short trips etc change it at 25,000 miles. There are not too many things to change beyond 120,000 miles as mentioned so just repeat the cycle again.
Thanks, I can see everything has been done at various mileage except PCV valve (I don't know much about it and where it is located but I am Googling it will do that). So at the end of your message, you mentioned just repeat the cycle then so every 5,000 miles do what it says. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Thanks, I can see everything has been done at various mileage except PCV valve (I don't know much about it and where it is located but I am Googling it will do that). So at the end of your message, you mentioned just repeat the cycle then so every 5,000 miles do what it says. Thanks.
The PCV valve is located on the right side of the valve cover. This link shows the location. It is easy to get off but you need a big wrench. A crescent wrench would work if you don't have the correct size wrench.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow. you guys on this forum are amazing. That list you put the link to is great. thank you so much. I will see what size of a wrench I would need and see if I have it. thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would you recommend buying OEM from Toyota? or just go to any automotive place like Napa or Auto value or Canadian tire. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Would you recommend buying OEM from Toyota? or just go to any automotive place like Napa or Auto value or Canadian tire. Thanks.
The ones from Toyota is a bit more expensive but there is not much competition for this product in Canada. Aftermarket parts may actually cost more than the Toyota I found. Just buy from Toyota.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts