Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

301 - 320 of 341 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
@managerman: Have you ever used Car Pro Perl or TACSystem USA Seal on the plastics? Looking for something more protection wise than "restoration" wise afterwards.

·
Registered
181 Posts
We have similar Ravs color and Hybrid. Where did you get the chrome? I like it and would like to add it.
Bill

·
Registered
35 Posts
Complete pics of storage of crate. let air outa spare and offcenter for more room. Place crate Floor lays flush when closed.
upside down, care when opening the sides can pinchyou.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Also had to trim some of the jack foam to make it sit lower but worth it, easy access to use crate just be carefull not to pinch fingers as sides flip open when lift from upside down.

·
Registered
35 Posts
These done
1 Hood Struts
2 Door sill plates
3 Rear cargo mat
4 PPfilm on front and doors and rear bumper, may do hood and all glossy trim.
5 Tinted windows (Texas Hot)
6 May do front window UV clear film inside reduce heat.
7 rear backup lights, will do blinkers/fog/brake lights soon.
8 Steering wheel emblem
9 storage bin mats
10 Like to do sound reduce insulation soon.
11 Bumper/Cargo protection plates on the way.
12 Carbon License plate frames on the way.
Thanks for this thread. XSE w/premium pkg. No fuel problem 12.4 gallons full.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Lots of fun following your post and your mods. Given all the adds you're making, I thought you might like looking at this site Toyota rav4 2019-2020

I added the rear bumper protector to my 2020 Hybrid Limited, and I love it -- especially since Toyota doesn't have any OEM bumper protector.

·
Registered
331 Posts
So was the sound maker just a "speaker" or was it actually generating the sound? Knowing the difference is important to which step I take next. Thanks.

what I'm asking is: a) if you attach the wire leads to an MP3 player / CD player,etc does it play music? or b) if you attach the wire leads to a 6 volt battery does it make the usual hissing sound?

thanks.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Or you could do it? Most people are "remove it" or "leave it alone". So its not hard to believe. Takes less than ten minutes to get to it. Mine is gone so I am happy with my decision.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Or you could do it? Most people are "remove it" or "leave it alone". So its not hard to believe. Takes less than ten minutes to get to it. Mine is gone so I am happy with my decision.
Do you still have it or did you throw it away?

I think a logical and safe first step would be to attach it to a headphone output from some music device. The power from a headphone jack is not enough to damage anything, and on the headphone loud side of the spectrum is enough to drive a small speaker. You should be able to hear it if it is a speaker.

·
Registered
'19 Rav4 XLE Hybrid--Magnetic Gray Metallic
165 Posts
This is exactly the style of bumper guard I've been looking for. However, I have the 2019 RAV4 XLE hybrid trim, it has a matte black bumper, and these are glossy. I'm worried these might look a bit off on my car. Do you have any recommendations of a similar style bumper guard thats more of a matte black or satin color?

FYI: I absolutely love this forum group you've created.

Item #3: Rear tailgate aluminum protectors. The gloss black has a slight pattern in it. At first I thought it was scratched, but it actually has a pattern/design in the painted aluminum.

I once again prepped both the plastic surfaces with alcohol and adhesion promoter. I also test fit both pieces before I applied them since one you peel the back off the VHB tape, you need to get it installed correctly on the first try! (the white is just a protective cover that peels off)

View attachment 145287

Before Picture

View attachment 145288

View attachment 145289

First piece installed. Note the logos are separate pieces and are installed as the last step.

View attachment 145290

Next piece ready to install!

View attachment 145291

Here are both installed without the logos

View attachment 145292

Logos installed...You may choose not to use them and just stick with the stamped logos in the metal.

View attachment 145293

Verdict: I think they look great and also will do a nice job of protecting the tailgate loading area.

Item #4:

Center console organizer. This can be bought many places, but I ordered as part of the stuff I ordered from cartrimhome.com.

View attachment 145295

View attachment 145296

I think this should have come with the car from the factory. I should have ordered the black rubber mat version, but I got the red. It fits and I would recommend it!

Accessory Post #3 coming soon!

-M
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
632 Posts
^^^^ While we are talking bumper guards, my cartrimhome shipment from Wuhan, China (yeah, don't tell my wife) finally arrived today. Even though I know better, I washed my hands real good afterwards. This is the bumper threshold guards I just installed:

And, I did my door sill protectors too (also from cartrimhome):

·
Registered
11 Posts
For anyone who is interested, here's a couple of pics of the bumper protectors from cartrimhome.com. I was looking for Toyota OEM ones, but they don't have them -- so I ended up in the cartrimhome website and they have a ton of accessories. The ones I used are the stainless steel ones that are sold separately -- they also have an option that sells the inner and outer as a pair made of brushed aluminum (which I think is what camfused is showing above). The Inner protector covers the inside where the door lock is, while the outer one covers on top of the bumper itself. Installation was a piece of cake. Shipping is from China an took about 10 calendar days from when I placed the order.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you're making a plug and play switch that turns the pedestrian alert speaker on and off, please do a seperate post with step by step instructions and pictures if you can. I think that would be a great asset to be able to search for on here and have it come up easier. Just did the turn signals and backup lights. Thank you for posting how to do those. So much better than stock. On my first drive with the LED turn signals, people certainly react differently and let you in the lane lol. No excuses for not seeing them thats for sure.

301 - 320 of 341 Posts