I have CU.20.08 on software update.

Thanks,

-Tom

·
Registered
117 Posts
Same version on my 2016 Limited.
Toyota NAV is useless anyway
I might be one of the few that think the NAV isn't so bad... it could be a heck of a lot worse. I've tried it a bunch of times and it got me where I needed to go (even though I knew where I was headed.., just wanted to test it...).

The one annoying thing is that sometimes the NAV will treat turning onto another street as one step... like it will say "In 2 miles take a right...". But along that 2 miles I had to make a turn onto another street.

If I need NAV I usually use Waze anyway, but it's great in a pinch, or for whenever I want to just mess around...

·
Registered
644 Posts
Have anybody tried Scout GPS link App? I believe it works only if you have car with no NAV onboard.
For me Scout GPS did not work.

~ 2016 Toyota RAV4 Limited Electric Blue ~

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I saw a procedure to upgrade, https://toyota.garmin.com/toyota/ (but it didn't work, and I may be lucky I didn't toast my maps). I was hoping they made it accessible to consumers.

I don't mind the Entune, however, I miss my Prius V trim 3 that I could say, "Favorite Work" through Voice command and go to my saved address without using my hand. Now on my 'Premium' Entune, I can't (Or haven't), found a way to do that (I know, siri eyes free, but I want the map on the SCREEN)!

Otherwise, love the car, etc.

-Tom

'16 Rav4 SE

·
Registered
644 Posts
I saw a procedure to upgrade, https://toyota.garmin.com/toyota/ (but it didn't work, and I may be lucky I didn't toast my maps). I was hoping they made it accessible to consumers.

I don't mind the Entune, however, I miss my Prius V trim 3 that I could say, "Favorite Work" through Voice command and go to my saved address without using my hand. Now on my 'Premium' Entune, I can't (Or haven't), found a way to do that (I know, siri eyes free, but I want the map on the SCREEN)!

Otherwise, love the car, etc.

-Tom

'16 Rav4 SE
This is not for us with Entune NAV.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Have anybody tried Scout GPS link App? I believe it works only if you have car with no NAV onboard.
For me Scout GPS did not work.

~ 2016 Toyota RAV4 Limited Electric Blue ~
We just bought a 2015 XLE, Entune Audio Plus, without navigation.

Is the Scout GPS available for our system or is it just for the new 17's.

Thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
We just bought a 2015 XLE, Entune Audio Plus, without navigation.

Is the Scout GPS available for our system or is it just for the new 17's.

Thanks
Does anyone know if the Scout GPS works with the 2015 XLE?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts