Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

Going home the other day I noticed the map going backwards and even with directions on.

Basically the circle with triangle was going the opposite direction than normal and the map was 180 degree out of orientation.

Happen to anyone else?

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
There are two orientations for the map, with north pointing up and with the front end of the car pointing up. I'm guessing you likely have the orientation toward north while traveling south.

The control is in the upper-right part of the screen. For front-of-car orientation, it should look something like the following. I believe the 4x3 rectangular grid icon is the one to switch orientation.
Product Rectangle Triangle Font Slope

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are two orientations for the map, with north pointing up and with the front end of the car pointing up. I'm guessing you likely have the orientation toward north while traveling south.

The control is in the upper-right part of the screen. For front-of-car orientation, it should look something like the following. I believe the 4x3 rectangular grid icon is the one to switch orientation.
View attachment 171741
Oh, I was fully aware of those north up/heads up and 3d orientations. However, when I switched between them it was still going the opposite direction.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Oh, I was fully aware of those north up/heads up and 3d orientations. However, when I switched between them it was still going the opposite direction.
Did it happen right after you crossed the equator into the southern hemisphere by chance? JK probably just a glitch that needs a reboot to resolve as you know this can happen w/ digital systems that get confused.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
You might want to duplicate you posting in the "Interior" section of this forum. The navigation system in the Prime is not unique to the Prime and you'll get more responses from the general forum populous.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts