Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if there is a way to make the map light console buttons backlit? A replacement console from other Toyota vehicle that is similar shape size but with backlit buttons maybe? The fact that they aren’t is kind of frustrating.

Now that I’ve made the master window switch buttons backlit I have this itch to see if every other non backlit button can be illuminated. Thanks a lot, friends!

·
Registered
24 Posts
YES, I would like to know that. I don't know why Toyota cheaped out on those buttons. In the dark, they are not easy to find which is which. And they all feel pretty much the same as your finger glides across. Same for the window buttons on the driver's door. Why only the driver's window has a light and the other three switches don't. Someone on a different post changed their driver's door window buttons with a similar setup from a different Toyota, I don't remember the details off hand.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Someone on a different post changed their driver's door window buttons with a similar setup from a different Toyota, I don't remember the details off hand.
Go to BAM auto or other dealer and order this part: 8404006070. This is master window switch for Camry and is backlit and fits perfectly in RAV4. Will cost ~$45.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like Highlander console might be compatible with RAV4 but I cannot be absolutely certain. It does seem to be of the same size though... PS: Yes highlander console is backlit.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I think the entire console is connected by a single harness. I’ll check today.
It is a single harness. I imagine that the button is probably connected in that harness and the Highlander looks to be missing the button. It wouldn't surprise me if the connector itself is the same between the units.

Edit: I should have looked closer, there is a button on the Highlander's console.

It may work. I'm still not sure if the units are dimensionally 100% compatible but suspect the connectors are the same.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is a single harness. I imagine that the button is probably connected in that harness and the Highlander looks to be missing the button. It wouldn't surprise me if the connector itself is the same between the units.

Edit: I should have looked closer, there is a button on the Highlander's console.

It may work. I'm still not sure if the units are dimensionally 100% compatible but suspect the connectors are the same.
Yeah the highlander has SOS button and I’d be very very surprised if the connectors are different shapes. Toyota is usually consistent in these things.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The business end of Highlander console (top) and RAV4 (below). Look more or less similar there. What I don’t know is the dimensions.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I found that the Highlander console won’t fit in RAV4. Highlander has dimensions of 8.5*8.5 inch while RAV4 console is 8.5*9.0 inch. :(
Any other suggestions anyone might have - I would welcome their thoughts. Thanks.

·
Registered
211 Posts
So I found that the Highlander console won’t fit in RAV4. Highlander has dimensions of 8.5*8.5 inch while RAV4 console is 8.5*9.0 inch. :(
Any other suggestions anyone might have - I would welcome their thoughts. Thanks.
I can't find a picture of the part, but since the 2019 RAV4 and 2020 Lexus UX200/250h tend to share a lot of parts, maybe the Lexus console would work.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can't find a picture of the part, but since the 2019 RAV4 and 2020 Lexus UX200/250h tend to share a lot of parts, maybe the Lexus console would work.
Thanks - I’ll look into Lexus but I suspect the Lexus parts are going to be very expensive for obvious reasons..

·
Registered
240 Posts
I don't think the 2019/2020 UX map console will fit. It's missing some buttons (although they may be replaced by touch controls built into the lamps?) and possibly might have a curved body instead of flat, it has an additional speaker grille toward the windshield, does not look to have a sunglasses compartment, and I'm not certain what the gray, screen-looking void in the center is. Biggest turn off to me though is that it's made of black plastic instead of tan.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I don't think the 2019/2020 UX map console will fit. It's missing some buttons (although they may be replaced by touch controls built into the lamps?) and possibly might have a curved body instead of flat, it has an additional speaker grille toward the windshield, does not look to have a sunglasses compartment, and I'm not certain what the gray, screen-looking void in the center is. Biggest turn off to me though it that it's made of black plastic instead of tan.

View attachment 148201
That's actually more promising looking than the Highlander console. The RAV's console is slightly curved but not dramatically...

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 36 Posts