Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
Critique on the MarketWatch review...

"Your pet chihuahua wouldn't fit [in the third row seats]" Trying humor I suppose... Yes, we all know the RAV's strong point isn't the fold-away third row, but saying a two to six pound dog wouldn't fit back there is just a poor attempt at a punchline.

"Later editions of the RAV will be available for the first time with a six-cylinder engine..." When the heck did they write this story?? Three months ago?? :? :shock:

"Interior materials are on the cheap side, starting with a headliner that felt like cardboard." My headliner certainly doesn't feel like cardboard, so I don't know where he's coming from here... And what should it be? Leather? Crushed velvet? An inch of padded vinyl?

"Both front arm rests are hard as a rock." Is he talking about the center console or what? Because mine is well cushioned and the shelves on the doors are cushioned as well. :?: :?:

Though he brought up some points, there was absolutely nothing new written into this tiny little review. Saying that the vehicle wasn't designed well for "long-legged types" is absolutely useless when the reviewer doesn't say exactly how tall he is. Apparently he's got an axe to grind or has been paid off by Detroit, because it reads like a Toyota and RAV4 smackdown almost the entire way through.

And recommending that people look to the Highlander instead? At over $27k, that four cylinder could only have been a completely decked out 4WD Limited. Does he know that the Highlander starts at $5k more than the RAV's base and keeps going past $45k when fully equipped? OK, only the Hybrid climbs that high, but even a V6 Limited trimmed out like my RAV is still almost $6k more and still has 54 less horsepower.

Just another example of someone out of their element that shouldn't be reviewing cars -- stick to watching the stock market, my friend. :p

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WoW Tony...

I certainly didn't mean to post that to get you upset. I was just sharing an article I came across. :oops:

However, I am glad to hear "real world" responses from people who have first hand experience with the product. :D

That is more helpful than any day-tripper review..Thanks for the counter-strike. Hopefully others will offer their informed opinions as well.

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
LOL, no, really, it's OK! :D That's the whole point of posting reviews... People read them and usually have a say or two about the reviewers opinions. Good or bad, point-counterpoint is always welcome. Only thing I'm worried about is that this thread will get really really huge if all the reviews are dogpiled here... :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts