Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I just bought a 1996 2-door Rav4 and it's terrific. But it doesn't have the original Mats.

I found original mats online, but they don't specify if they're for the 2-door or the 4-door.

Are the driver and passenger mats for the 2-door and the 4-door the same for generation 1? (I would love to buy the originals, but don't want to get them and have them not fit, or not accommodate the sliding passenger seat etc.)

Thanks!!
Adam

·
Registered
235 Posts
My '97 2-door came with 2nd gen Rav4 mats that were annoying me because the driver's side one is a poor fit and slides around badly even with the hook engaged. The passenger side mat fit nicely.

So I ordered in a new set of original grey mats from Toyota Canada, part no: 00200-42965-03. I had to pay up front, no cancellations, no returns. It took a couple of months for the mats to arrive but it was worth the wait. They are beautiful. These are for the 4-door car but they fit exactly perfectly. The rear mats in the kit fit perfectly too but they extend deeper under the front seats than the 2-door mats would, which I think is a good thing. They don't interfere with the seat rails.

·
Registered
235 Posts
The above mentioned carpet mats are really nice, too nice for winter in the snow. As far as I know, Toyota didn't make an all-weather rubber mat set for the Rav4.1 for Canada. So I recently picked up a Toyota Part No: PU320-42130-P1 3 piece mat set. I believe that these were for the Rav4.4 and these mat sets are plentiful on Craigslist.

The front ones fit nicely:

On the passenger side, leaving the carpet mat under the rubber mat brings the mat up slightly so that it fits well:

And the weird, one-piece rear mat, well it doesn't fit in the back seat on a 2-door, however it became my new trunk protector mat:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.