Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm a new RAV4 owner from MD. I recently got a 2006 RAV4 Sport I-4. Here's some of the stuff it has on it:

--JBL system
--side impact and curtain airbags
--DRLs
--tonneau cover & support poles
--4WD
--mud guards

I really like the vehicle, and I was given a REALLY good price on it, so thanks be to God for that! Basically, it lists around $26,700, and I was given it for around $24,100, so basically around $2,500 off MSRP. It drives so nice. I traded a 2004 Honda Element EX in, and they more than paid off my trade, thank God! The Element is a nice car, too, but it has its shortcomings, and it isn't as nice of a car in general as my RAV4, though I do like the HVAC controls on the Honda better. Also, the Honda has a nice sounding stereo, not that the RAV4 doesn't, with the JBL, but the Honda really sounded good up front, though not so much in the rear, due to the speaker placement. And one of the worst things about the Element is the ingress and egress to and from the rear seats. Anyway, still a good car.

I have noticed some things that I want fixed on my RAV4, though. The stereo LCD is messed up already, and when I accelerate hard or somewhat hard sometimes, I get a metallic rattling sound. Anyone else had these problems? Thanks for reading, and hope to hear some feekback.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Hi rablat5 and welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new RAV!

I can't help out on your questions re: JBL but I'm sure others will provide feedback soon. For me, I would just take it back to the dealer to fix the LCD beacuse I'm not very familiar with stereo systems and hook-ups. :D

If you get a chance, post some pics in your album of the new RAV.

Carol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts