Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Never sick of your posts :D, I wish the 4.1 forum was as active as it was before the 2nd gen came out (yes I was around Rav4world then :p )

That RAV looks badass, I think you have inspired a couple of my friends to make a GTE powered RAV in the near future :D

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Never sick of your posts :D, I wish the 4.1 forum was as active as it was before the 2nd gen came out (yes I was around Rav4world then :p )

That RAV looks badass, I think you have inspired a couple of my friends to make a GTE powered RAV in the near future :D
Well, thanks man. you can clearly see that there are very few people who post any comments, compared to the amount of Views the Topics get. PIPE UP PEOPLE. Comments! Feedback, Good or bad, would really be helpful, as times I've considered abandoning the site because there is so little.

Maybe I can get a conversation going.

I'm thinking of painting the Roof Black, as well as changing out the rear door with a black one. What does anyone think of that idea? I'll be putting in a second identical solar panel, and making them so they can articulate based on how i've parked and what's on the roof, Cargo box/Kayaks/Bikes/Etc.

I'm also very much looking forward to building a new rear steel bumper with a swing away arm that holds the spare tire, fuel cans, and an above tire storage basket. I hope to have this done before next summer. They are popular on Jeeps, but the Rav4 needs Sub-Frame Connectors or Bracing Galore before you can do this safely.

I've got the complete Ultra Racing Chassis Suspension Kit on my wish list, as well as a roll bar planned for the Rav4GTT as well.

·
Registered
357 Posts
You should get the Carlos Sainz hood grafted on to a rav4 hood. Also get a set of Shuei fender flares. And the Malaysian sites have those ultra parts for very good prices.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Good looking mod! What exactly is that? Is it a lay-over frame? Looks pretty cool! Black roof and door.....hmmm...trying to imagine that. Would that be too much black? I kind of like it the way it is now. The mods for the spare tire and gas cans is an interesting thought. That would take a lot of reinforcing (read: weight). I am the proud owner of a CUTE 1997 Two Door and will do what I can to liven the 4.1 site up. What other generation (unless you live in Japan and the new ones are cool-looking) have the Two Door?? Keep on posting..........!

·
Registered
599 Posts
That rear bar setup looks good!, I will be interested to see how the metalwork goes, I run a machine/metalfab shop during the week and this is right up my alley :D

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That rear bar setup looks good!, I will be interested to see how the metalwork goes, I run a machine/metalfab shop during the week and this is right up my alley :D
You lucky bugger! I spent my life working as an electronics Tech, I REALLY REALLY Wish I had of spent more time risking digit and limb around lathes and welders! I'm considering taking a part time job at a fab shop just cleaning up and stuff so that I can get access to the opportunity to learn how to weld etc. I'd have this thing done in a weekend if I had the resources in my garage/skillset.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Never too late to learn!, metalworking is a very diverse field but the basics of welding and turning are not too hard to pick up. loads of channels on youtube do regular series on basic mill, lathe and welding work.

I have always dabbled in electronics too, but never as a full time job, I just fix things as a hobby, mainly TV's.

Reactions: Coentje

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You should get the Carlos Sainz hood grafted on to a rav4 hood. Also get a set of Shuei fender flares. And the Malaysian sites have those ultra parts for very good prices.
The truth is that this scoop design isn't that great for the Rav. There is a HUGE gap from the intercooler to the scoop! I may actually raise and angle the intercooler, to get air to it more efficiently, and it will allow me to change the spark plugs without removing the intercooler. I have a fan on it to keep the air cool when I'm sitting in traffic in the summer, because there IS so much room. The Sainz WRC Hood on the ST205 is EXACTLY what I'm planning on doing next. It's not as dramatic looking on the Rav as the ST185 Scoop, but it will work better.

Right now I'm having problems keeping the engine WARM. As I'm high up in the BC Mountains here. the new JDM Grille, and all the scoops keeps the engine so damn cold that I am burning excess fuel. I'm planning on covering the front JDM Grille with Vinyl for the winter to aid in keeping the Rad warm. I cant drive down a hill in the mountains without watching the needle drop!

The 3S-GTE, in the Caldina's bay anyhow, had an electronic valve that would cut off water flow to the heater core, so that the HVAC system can regulate the water temperature.

The 3S-GTE's water pump and passages, by comparison to the 3S-FE is alot larger, flows water faster (harder to heat it) and unless youre hammering on the engine, it only gets as hot AS a 3S-FE. So i must search for that valve in my 3S-gte bOX-O-PARTS and install it in line with my Heater core, and I'll just apply a relay and switch to flow water into the heater core after the engine's warmed up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts