Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!! Not sure if you remember me from my original post here: http://www.rav4world.com/forums/96-4-3-general/212825-new-member-2008-rav4-checklist.html

Just picked her up, 2010 Rav4 V6 AWD. I call her Stacy because it's totally a soccer mom car and it reminds me of that song by Fountains of Wayne "Stacy's mom" well, lol Idk why but I call her Stacy because of that.

Very happy, got her in Silver Sport trim with the sport appearance package. She has 77,000 miles and I got her for $14,800 before taxes and dealer fees. I probably overpaid a few bucks but that's fine. I'm just so happy to have gotten a Rav4 and the V6 which I really wanted.

Overall condition is probably 9/10 on exterior (few small scratches and small rock chips... nothing major at all) From 6 feet away she looks like a brand new car. The interior is 10/10 it's mint. I only found one small scratch on the plastic in the back and it was hardly noticeable.

She has 4 brand new Run Flat tires on her (less than 50 miles, dealership installed) and just got her oil changed. I'm not sure when spark plugs are do but I'll probably look into doing them myself next year when she turns 100k.

----------------------------------------------------------

I have some plans for "mods" I want to do to this car.

1. Remote Start - Not sure when i'll do this... Maybe soon, maybe not. It would be nice though.

2. Touch Screen Radio - Had one on my old celica. Definitely want one on this car...

3. Back up Camera - This kinda goes with the radio, I know a kit online that comes with both... mine as well pop one of these in.

4. Heated Seats - This one I may not even need to do. But I had them in my old car and loved them. I actually am going to remove them out of my old car and just install them into this car.

5. Windows Tint - For the front, I want it to match the back or at the very least be at 35%. Also a sun strip will be useful.

6. Chrome door handles - I may install chrome door handles since one of mine have a big scratch on it.

7. Running boards - I probably won't even do this one. but I do want to help protect the car and running boards seem like a good option. Plus i'm short (5'8) so they help in other regards.. I may just do side moldings though.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally the photos. Enjoy! Sorry for bad lighting, I just picked it up and it was dark as hell.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Very nice, you should post a pic of the back end without the spare. Im looking for a v6 Limited 4x4 right now, but I would go with a sport if I could find the "Unicorn" Sport with leather. I do like those rims way more than the 17s on the Limited. Good find!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice, you should post a pic of the back end without the spare. Im looking for a v6 Limited 4x4 right now, but I would go with a sport if I could find the "Unicorn" Sport with leather. I do like those rims way more than the 17s on the Limited. Good find!
Thanks! I'll try to take some better photos tomorrow but we're getting like a foot of snow, so we'll see.

I sat in a limited with leather, etc. at the dealer and wasn't really impressed. I had leather on my car and it was really hot and stick in the summer, cold in the winter and generally just a pain in the butt to keep from cracking. I'm happy with the cloth. I agree with you, I also much prefer the rims on the sport :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Its been a long time since Ive had leather, I miss those issues. Drove a 2012 Lexus RX350 the other day and DAMN it was plush with the black high quality leather and wood trim. I have a 2001 Tacoma with cloth seats, 5-speed, manual roll up windows and door locks, pretty spartan by today's standards. It rides rough, doesn't get great mpgs, it's loud and has lots of road noise (Buckshots), stays dirty and dusty because it's a TRUCK. I love it and plan on keeping it forever. The Limited is a good mix of everything, but that Lexus Luxury is calling and if I don't find a deal soon on a RAV I may break down and get an RX350.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I have a 2010 silver SAP as well...I have made many mods to mine including some of what you want...welcome to the party...

·
Registered
8,535 Posts
I sat in a limited with leather, etc. at the dealer and wasn't really impressed. I had leather on my car and it was really hot and stick in the summer, cold in the winter and generally just a pain in the butt to keep from cracking. I'm happy with the cloth.

Agree about leather upholstery - I had a car with that in Southern California and I had to use a ventilated seat cushion because it caused perspiration, even when using the A/C.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update. I just bought some all weather floor mats... We've got about 16 inches of snow outside and the mats are already getting dirty lol

These are the ones I ordered for the front $95 WeatherTech Robot Check

The back seat $62 WeatherTech Robot Check

Fairly expensive but the great reviews swayed me to go with it.

What is everyone else's experience with all weather mats?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the husky floor liners and am very pleased...
I almost went with those but I had an amazon gift card I wanted to use and they didn't sell on amazon.

edit: nevermind I just noticed they do sell them on amazon. Woops. Oh well, too late now lol.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Better late than never.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Dig the weatherteck. Looks good. I have huskey liners in the Tacoma, but I like weatherteck more. People who put the tape on window vent covers should be throat punched. Rant over , looks good.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dig the weatherteck. People who put the tape on window vent covers should be throat punched. .
Huh? You talking about the rain guards? I like them, they actually came in handy today during the rain storm I was still able to crack the windows without getting wet. Also I think the look nice.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Sw'up!! Fellow Sport V6 owner.

Another mod you might consider is swapping out the stock plastic fogs for something a wee bit classier. Had these pups (bought on Alipexpress - China) slotted in, and with an on/off switch that fits into the spare slot to the left of your steering wheel.

Another mod maybe.... again from Aliexpress - China. Chrome metal roof racks. These babys pop like crazy on Barcelona Red Metallic, but may not do much on the silver version. I dunno. Personal taste. Just throwing it out there.

And finally (again... personal taste and vehicle color depending) .... A color matching grille with chrome accents, which is allied above by color matching hood shield with chrome strip along the top.

TIDE decor optional! :wink

As you can see... I love chroming... and believe me... I get a lot of compliments on my RAV4.

But I think many here will agree... the FIRST MUST DO mod is to swap out that sissy Toyota horn for something that screams... "HEY.... how about a damn turn signal next time, dumb ass !!!!"

Recommended Fiam El Grande horns (just barely fits behind the grille) but makes your vehicle sound like a 70s Buick.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Interior wise..... just throwing it out there....

Quality rubber-backed color co-ordinated mats in the back.... two the same size for when the middle seats go down and you want everything covered.

And then we have color matching interior.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts