Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for all those buying the addco rear sway bar, i got shelly and dan ( the engineer)at addco to look at angels setup that he posted on the forums. dan said that angels setup was good and thanks for showing it to them. the instructions you get will look different, so follow angels.

bruce

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Bruce, how different is Addco's instructions? I am just curious because I am considering getting the same rear sway bar and modifying them a bit. I noticed that Mensagero had to utilize a longer stud and washers to install the lower bracket. I am not too comfortable going this route, so if there are any other ideas; I would appreciate any information that can be shared.

Also, I noticed in Mensagero's setup that the upper mounts do not attach directly to the frame but utilizes 2 brackets to mount the bar. I would prefer the bar to be mounted onto the frame if possible. Just some ideas I am tossing around, maybe I should just order the bar already and see what ideas I can come up with. :D

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Derek
I am calling addco today, because have something diff i want to try. their instructions have the long bolt that angel has on the shock being used to hang the bar from the frame. only problem with this is tha the bar hits the exhaust. i will try to post their instructions tonite and also let you know what other info i get from them. addco is only about 2 hours from me.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Rooster b said:
Derek
I am calling addco today, because have something diff i want to try. their instructions have the long bolt that angel has on the shock being used to hang the bar from the frame. only problem with this is tha the bar hits the exhaust. i will try to post their instructions tonite and also let you know what other info i get from them. addco is only about 2 hours from me.
Yea, Bruce, post them. I'd like to see them. i don't remember where i put mine.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Here's a pic of the K-Mac rear sway bar on Andrew's RAV. We will be selling these from the RAV4OZ.com online shop. It's an 18mm (0.7") sway bar that runs along the width of the car high so no interference from the exhaust. We will also be selling the uprated K-Mac 27mm front sway bar.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
okay,
i'm the guinea pig for the sway bar. shelly told me to try a diff setup and if any parts failed, she would replace them for me. derek, i was supposed to go visit them last year because they needed a rav for the front sway bar fitting, could have gotten a free bar, but i never went. derek check your pm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts