Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Bought Mevotech MS links, dropped Rav for recommended in my community evening-weekend mechanic, asked him to check strut also if replace links not help, he laughed I assembled strut wrong. So picked Rav4 yesterday - no any noise anymore in suspension finally and steering pretty well. Didn't see him, wife gave me key so no idea yet it's links or strut.
Now left only 100 and 1 thing to fix and Rav will be in excellent condition :)
Ok, now when suspension good I notice slight vibration-knock in steering wheel driving on low speed on bumpy snowy road. Probably rack and pinion. Is it fixable or usually need replace whole part? Is rack and pinion hard to fix/replace?
Hm, whole rack and pinion $650 cad remanufactured and shipped from Rockauto. Does Sport model have different steering ratio vs Base/Limited?
Should have bought the Moog instead. The Mevotech will rust in a year which was pretty bad if you research on of the threads.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Mevotech say MS series have special corrosion resistance ?
Will see, here in Alberta climate pretty dry
But if really think and look how long OEM last- best way pay double and get original parts which will good for next 10 years...

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Mevotech say MS series have special corrosion resistance ?
Will see, here in Alberta climate pretty dry
But if really think and look how long OEM last- best way pay double and get original parts which will good for next 10 years...
Here is one member who used a Mevotech lower control arm and the metal has rusted very badly with the rubber falling apart. Mevotech product appears to be low quality?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts