Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchase Metallica DVD, Some Kind of Monster. It's a documentary following the members of Metallica (James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich and Kirk Hammett) through group therapy, dealing with the aftermath of bassist Jason Newsted leaving the group, Hetfield's rehab stint, and the near-breakup the band during the making of the "St. Anger" album. Also, about their evolution as a band through out the years. From their accident that clamed the life of bass player Cliff Burton to their controversial fighting and even almost dissolving of Metallica itself. The fighting of Lars and James almost broke them up for good. But I guess the Music, which is what Metallica is all about. Brought them back [also, their growing familie$, if you know what I mean] to perform their aggressive, fast ways. I think the departure of bassist Jason Newsted, did a lot of damage. But their move to bring latino Robert Trujillo, was a great move. It gave that thunder in the background that the band once had, and needed. When you go in for a testing seccion and you want to do Battery :roll: I mean man, your in. When I saw him, I said OH YEA! His harmony and speed is like man, "he was in there." :wink:

I guess they are getting more mature and Lars is sometimes exhausted with the sessions. Even though he does run in the morning. It's not the same at 20 then at 40+. :shock:

James dealing with his drinking problem and personal demons.

Kirk [the heart and soul of the band] is always doing his best to keep everything going.

Metallica is now more mature, and are growing Wiser :wink: They have regrouped and came back with an awesome album St. Anger.

Which is their best album [CD]?, "Master of Puppets"

Metallica Rules

·
Registered
432 Posts
Dude! I had no idea you were a metal head! Master of Puppets is definitely great, but so is ...and justice for all. Hell, all of it's great prior to Load. I've managed to cope with everything else, but I threw in the towel with st. anger. I can't take that kind of stuff, but that may just be because I'm young. I'll always love Alcoholica though :twisted:

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One thing that really buged me was when everyone [or almost everyone] said that metallica sold out when it recorded the black album. Thety were just testing new horizones. But, like amg.com says. They are in the catagory of Led Zepp, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Boston, but of course, they are faster.

again

Metallica rules.

T

·
0 Posts
I saw them when they came and played at our 'Big Day Out' concert last year they were just awesome....... :D

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts