Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has a huge garden and one of our pests is the weed we all know as mint! Well, it turns out that mint probably repels mice and bugs which might explain their absence where it grows around my garage. I will be making a test by putting a porous fabric bag of it over the air filter. (Porous fabric = a sock!) It will certainly make the cabin pleasant.

I love mowing over that tenacious mint. It always comes right back. It is a wonderful nasal experience, all that mint oil blowing out the mower. :) And it is free.

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
Hmmm - am looking for a replacement for the grass in our so-called lawn. Does the mint keep other weeds from sprouting up? Is it easy to get rid of tree leaves which fall onto it in autumn? No problem so far with mice for us - neighbor has a killer cat which eliminates them. She doesn't eat a lot of bugs, though . . .:smile

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm - am looking for a replacement for the grass in our so-called lawn. Does the mint keep other weeds from sprouting up? Is it easy to get rid of tree leaves which fall onto it in autumn? No problem so far with mice for us - neighbor has a killer cat which eliminates them. She doesn't eat a lot of bugs, though . . .:smile
Mint hugs the ground so mowing isn't often needed. It tends to crowd over other plants. It is also a perennial. I'd plant it all over the front but my wife has flowers there.

A feral cat on the property is a good thing, too!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts