Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening forum!

The '11 Limited V6 AWD needs new tires. After doing some research, I'm torn between the Defender LTX (great reviews under its belt) or the new Defender T+H (highest mileage warranty). The only comparison between the two exists on the Michelin website that points in favor of the T+H. I live in the Midwest, so the high marks that the LTX has with snow and ice traction is appealing. The T+H hasn't been rated on tirerack yet, and I've had good experience using that site with previous tire purchases on other vehicles.

Anyone here have opinions or insights?? Any comments are appreciated, thank you!

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I put Defenders on my 2010 about 50k ago. I'm not familiar with different models of them so can't comment on that, but I couldn't be happier with mine. They had 10/32s tread depth brand new, now they're at 7/32.
As a snow bird, I can't comment on snow traction.(makes me lucky, heh?). Otherwise they're fine in the rain and very quiet.

·
Registered
158 Posts
You're better off buying a good set of All-seasons, then a second set of snow-specific tires if you get snow at least once or twice a season or even the temperatures drop considerably.

Most of the time All-seasons; regardless of snow capability will not do well in snow or cold weather due to the tread compound being too hard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts