Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like finding a quality fair priced exhaust for my 97 is out the door.

So I crawkled under and what a junk factory systems. Everything from the header back is like a garden hose.

I went custom on my lifted Samurai and things went great think I'll do the same again.

From header to 2" pipe to 2" generic freeflow cat to dynomax muffler and some kind of tip. Still need to figure out the routing above the axle. I saw were someone ran throught a opening.

Anywho is that funny little cherry bomb looking mid piece reallly neccesary? Never seen such a thing.

Scott 97 RAV4 4dr

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
Have to keep in mind that it won't work on a AWD model because of the rear Diff. Mensa, yours is 2wd correct?

·
Registered
881 Posts
scott said:
Looks like finding a quality fair priced exhaust for my 97 is out the door.

So I crawkled under and what a junk factory systems. Everything from the header back is like a garden hose.

I went custom on my lifted Samurai and things went great think I'll do the same again.

From header to 2" pipe to 2" generic freeflow cat to dynomax muffler and some kind of tip. Still need to figure out the routing above the axle. I saw were someone ran throught a opening.

Anywho is that funny little cherry bomb looking mid piece reallly neccesary? Never seen such a thing.

Scott 97 RAV4 4dr
That cherry bomb looking thing is a resonator, if you change the exhaust you may have to experiment with different resonators to get a dicent sound out of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts