Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically unavailable. The local dealer can't keep them in stock at all. They have two coming and both are sold already. There are no 4 cylinders in stock either. I asked about a V6 with a towing package and I was told it would be months before one of those could be had, they are not equipping them that way yet.

So, upon much deliberation about my towing and hauling needs, I broke down and bought a Tundra!

First toyota ever and it is super!

good to know you folks!
Joe

·
Registered
240 Posts
What part of the Midwest are you referring to? The dealership by my work has at least 3 V6 models displayed along the street.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Where are you?

Yep, like to know where you are speaking of. I am in the western suburbs of Chicago, and I have heard that the V6's are available....

·
Registered
240 Posts
The dealership is Oaklawn Toyota. They have a red and black V6 (black grill, so either base or sport). I stopped by after work to talk to them, but they didn't seem eager to deal.

We bought ours at Oakbrook Toyota. They should have received a black Limited 4x4 V6 this week. It looks like they receive a couple of V6 models every 2 weeks. Our experience was probably the most painless transaction I've ever had with a salesman and dealership. If you're near them, it's worth a try to see if they can accomodate you. PM if you have any questions or need more info.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My dealer is in southeast MO.
They continue to have no RAV4s, and basically told me a couple hundred off sticker is the best they are offering.

Am I and the dealer correct in that no V6s are coming with the towing package?

happy with the Tundra so it is water under the bridge.
Joe

·
Registered
102 Posts
The V6 Sport 4X4 I picked up, came with the tow package (but not the hitch). It may be that it is available here in Eastern NY, but not where you based on the specific region you are in.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Actually yes! Don't know why the tow prep package is unavailable, can't get a Rav w/ that package installed in southwest Florida either. I had a real fiasco w/ my dealer about three weeks ago concerning the tow prep package. I had to reconfigure my Rav w/o the tow prep, which was really disappointing because I wanted the upgraded stuff that was inclued in the package. As it turned out he had one comming w/ a sunroof, got the sunroof for $267 as opposed to the $900. MSRP Or I would have had to wait months more for delivary. AS IT TURNED OUT GOT MY NEW RAV4 TODAY!!!! Yeah baby :D V6 Limited classic silver That V6 is really really hot. Goes like a bat out of hell.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Congratulations. The six really moves out. I don't travel on the interstates much, but it is nice knowing I have the power if I need it. This is a great web site, with a lot of knowledge. I have the Sport, but features of the Limited sure would be great to have.

Make sure you post some pictures.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts