Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy,

Wanted to just say I'm new here on the board. Traditionally only on Nissan240sx boards, but I recently have been wearing my big boy pants and got myself a decent family car lol.

Anywho, I live in Toronto and work downtown. It looks like my Rav4 was parked on the street and may have gotten a gentle love tap. I didn't notice any damage at first (besides my cheap license plate cover was cracked) but happy i had no damage. After a wash however and an unhealthy OCD obsession to analyze my car after wash I saw very faint spider web cracks on the front number just above the license plate.

I just wanted to know if anyone had any ideas on how to repair it without obviously going through a repaint. Here an image to help.

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
Try to wax it and see if it gets hidden.

If that does not work, get a colour coded paint pen from the dealer. Put a drop on your finger. QUICKLY smealer is over very lightly and wipe it off. This should fill the cracks.
If you're not happy how it looks, immediately take some alcohol and wipe it off.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try to wax it and see if it gets hidden.

If that does not work, get a colour coded paint pen from the dealer. Put a drop on your finger. QUICKLY smealer is over very lightly and wipe it off. This should fill the cracks.
If you're not happy how it looks, immediately take some alcohol and wipe it off.
LOL,

I used turtle wax, didnt do much at all. I have the pen and will try that if my clay bar options doesnt work.

I'll keep you guys posted see if any of this works lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts