Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
We've only had our 2010 Rav4 just about a month, but wife noticed the drivers side mirror defroster was'nt working this morning. Drivers side and rear defrost works, so its probably not the fuse. Will check fuse when she returns this evening. Is the defroster for the mirror reparable/replaceable or do I need to replace the whole mirror or mirror assy?

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
We've only had our 2010 Rav4 just about a month, but wife noticed the drivers side mirror defroster was'nt working this morning. Drivers side and rear defrost works, so its probably not the fuse. Will check fuse when she returns this evening. Is the defroster for the mirror reparable/replaceable or do I need to replace the whole mirror or mirror assy?
It's not clear in your post which mirror works and which doesn't, but just for the heck of it....are you sure you have heated side mirrors?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks ravenuer, its the drivers side mirror, and yes, we do have the heated side mirrors. The passenger side mirror seems to work. I read the manual, we have the automatic A/C. I checked the fuses and they are good.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,715 Posts
Thanks ravenuer, its the drivers side mirror, and yes, we do have the heated side mirrors. The passenger side mirror seems to work. I read the manual, we have the automatic A/C. I checked the fuses and they are good.
There is no separate fuse for the driver's mirror that I'm aware of. It's probably a bad heating element that's bonded to the glass. You might be able to buy just the glass, if not you would need the whole mirror assembly.

·
Registered
178 Posts
More often than not the glass can be separated from the mirror assembly...may be easier to get the whole mirror off eBay or car-part dot com...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello I saw youtube video about installing LEDs or something in the side mirrors. The glass mirror is replaceable seperately. It is held on by a clip in arrangement and there are terminals that provide the current for the heater. It looked pretty simple.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts