Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought my 2007 RAV4 a few years back - guess it didn't come with the rear driver side headrest, and I never thought to ask why. Flash forward to now, and I'm wanting to install a dog safety barrier between the back row and cargo area for our old German Shepherd mix. I've pushed some long dowel rods into the empty headrest holes so a back row seat cover has something to snap around, but I'm worried the dowel rods won't be strong enough to secure the safety barrier...
I've googled everything I can think of, but can't figure out if a rear headrest from another year would fit my 2007.
Would love input from any of you brilliant RAV4 owners cause I'm at a loss. I can easily remove the dowel rods to replace them with metal rods of the same width, but if someone out there knows anyone selling a spare rear driver side headrest (or has a better idea for me) please let me know!
Thank you for any help!!

· Banned
1,184 Posts
2007-2012 is your generation.
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

The rear seat headrests from those years may be compatible to your 2007 rear seats.
Its also possible that earlier or later generations might fit too.

Best option is to go to LKQ Pick Your Part

· Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
17,534 Posts
So I bought my 2007 RAV4 a few years back - guess it didn't come with the rear driver side headrest, and I never thought to ask why. Flash forward to now, and I'm wanting to install a dog safety barrier between the back row and cargo area for our old German Shepherd mix. I've pushed some long dowel rods into the empty headrest holes so a back row seat cover has something to snap around, but I'm worried the dowel rods won't be strong enough to secure the safety barrier...
I've googled everything I can think of, but can't figure out if a rear headrest from another year would fit my 2007.
Would love input from any of you brilliant RAV4 owners cause I'm at a loss. I can easily remove the dowel rods to replace them with metal rods of the same width, but if someone out there knows anyone selling a spare rear driver side headrest (or has a better idea for me) please let me know!
Thank you for any help!!
A salvage yard may be your best bet, but good luck finding one with the same color and material. Another snag is the rear head restraints were changed around 2011 from the low profile ones (that I love) to the tall ones that restrict your rear view and hit the front seats when trying to fold the rear seats down.

· Registered
4,087 Posts
A salvage yard may be your best bet, but good luck finding one with the same color and material. Another snag is the rear head restraints were changed around 2011 from the low profile ones (that I love) to the tall ones that restrict your rear view and hit the front seats when trying to fold the rear seats down.
I would like my 2009 headrests to give some gap between the back of the head and the headrest when the head is held in normal driving condition. Do the late tall ones sit a tad farther back maybe?

· Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
17,534 Posts
I would like my 2009 headrests to give some gap between the back of the head and the headrest when the head is held in normal driving condition. Do the late tall ones sit a tad farther back maybe?
I don’t know, I’ve only seen pictures. You could always turn the headrest around.

· Registered
10 Posts
Okay, I know this is lat to the game but does the OP still need a spare headrest?
I just so happen to have a spare left side(drivers) 2nd row headrest for ya. I don't think
its ever had a head resting on it. Free-free-free.
only thing is its in that Toyota grey material. Oh yeah, its coming out of a 2009 Rav4/Ltd.
I'm living in SoCali. so its yours if you want it. I can send pics if you want...

· Registered
19 Posts
Okay, I know this is lat to the game but does the OP still need a spare headrest?
I just so happen to have a spare left side(drivers) 2nd row headrest for ya. I don't think
its ever had a head resting on it. Free-free-free.
only thing is its in that Toyota grey material. Oh yeah, its coming out of a 2009 Rav4/Ltd.
I'm living in SoCali. so its yours if you want it. I can send pics if you want...
Playokay, I am in the need of the head rest and I live in socali as well.. 93033. Let me know if you still have it.
Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.