Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Looking good! The intake pipe looks just like mine - one hole with a rubber grommet and a nipple on the opposite side. When you take off your stock air box, you'll notice the third hose that is left without a nipple. Have fun installing it. I know I did!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha, Racing Lab included a breather filter for free with the purchase of my dragon, so i dont have to worry abotu the third hose.

Yeah, im at work on the office PC, ill post pics of the install when i get home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, so now i got home, plugged in my digi cam, which then freaked out, and deleted all of my pictures of the install :x im glad i didnt have any other really important pictures on there... but yeah, ill get some more pics up as soon as i get a chance to.

but i got a chace to drive it around, and damn that thing sounds nice. the sound blows away the bomz intake, and i did notice a little better response with it. but i just cant gt over the way it sounds, its awesome :twisted:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Shoot. I never reset my car's computer. Maybe that's why I never got a significant power gain. You just disconnect the battery for a few minutes and then reconnect it, right?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I reset the computer by pulling the battery plug and letting the car sit for 5 minutes. I've driven my RAV to and from school for 2 days now and didn't notice anything different. What is supposed to happen when you reset the computer?

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Any changes that you have made to the electrical, o2 sensor even more coolant will be registered and the computer will richen or lean the mixture out. You will notice any difference with big mods like header, exhaust and so forth. But it is best to do this once in a while for fuel economy. You will notice some difference as time goes by.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Resetting the OBC

mensajero said:
Looks GREAT, Drifter. When installation is done. I would love to see pictures when installed. Remember to reset your OBC. Now you will feel the force!! :thumbs_up:
Mensa, I recently installed a Greens Twister Induction Kit but didn't reset anything, it was just installed and off I drove from the garage.
Should I disconnect the battery etc too? Will this add gain in anyway?

I will post pics of my set up when I have cleaned the engine bay!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts