Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Better with or without this new "Photo Resizing" feature?

• With

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Without

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're TESTING a new forum feature. Photos posted in messages will automaticly resize to a SMALLER version (dimensions only, NOT kb). Clicking on the image will open a new window with the FULL SIZE image. No need to change the way we insert pictures. The reduction and added text "Please click image for fullsize" will happen AUTOMATICLY :D The reason for this new feature is to make it so LARGE photos don't cause text/messages to scroll off the screen (horizontally).

Please let me know if any of you have a PROBLEM with this new feature 8)

Here's a test/example:

·
Registered
771 Posts
I'm a little confused when it comes to adding a picture to the text field. Can you enlighten me?

P.S. Like the new feature!

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.some-place-else.com/rav4_photo1.jpg. (recommended sites are www.photobucket.com or www.cardomain.com .) You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor to images stored behind authentication mechanisms such as Hotmail or Yahoo mailboxes, password-protected sites, etc. To display the image use
after the url.

The "img" tags can be inserted using the "Img" button above the text box... seen when posting/replying to messages.

To post the photo in my messsage above, I entered the following -

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK... the POLL on this thread has only ONE(1) vote. Is the POLL not working... or :roll: :wink:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Kelly Smith said:
To post the photo in my messsage above, I entered the following -
Maybe I'm dense, but I tried that, and all I see is the literal text

And no I did not check "Disable BBCode".
What makes the board retrieve the image vs just display the ... literally?

PS I did "disable BBCode" in this post just to be sure it showed correctly.

PS2 you can see my problem post at [url]http://www.rav4world.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2460&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=25[/url]

thanks, sorry for something that is in the FAQ and obviously doesn't give anybody else a problem!!

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmmm.... strange :? OK... try this. When posting photos from anywhere EXCEPT our ALBUMS... use BBCode.

(I've turned off BBCode and HTML in this message... and will post NEXT message with BBCode and HTML turned on 8)

NON-ALBUM SAMPLE :arrow:

When posting photos from our ALBUMS... use HTML.
ALBUM SAMPLE :arrow:

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's the ABOVE message posted with BBCode and HTML turned on 8)

NON-ALBUM SAMPLE :arrow:

When posting photos from our ALBUMS... use HTML.
ALBUM SAMPLE :arrow:

·
Registered
168 Posts
hey! That's my pic!! cool. hehe. 8)

Thanks for the info Kelly. I was wondering how to link to pictures from our albums.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Well, that's much better :D. Ok, for the html and BBCode ignorants like me, what does BBCode means? And what's SRC? :?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts