Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a project I'm working on, I'd like to add a momentary switch that will activate a latched relay... the problem is that I'd like a very non-descript switch that can appear as if it's OEM, and fits the panel nicely.

Has anyone ever located such a thing? I've been trolling eBay for a while and elsewhere and have not found one that isn't already emblazoned with a vehicle function. I know it's picky... but you know.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Think about this for a moment:

A switch not already emblazoned with a vehicle function would not appear as if it's OEM, and would be kind of "descript".

That said, the emblazonment can be removed with fine emory cloth, this will leave the switch in a white color, then left as is, or be painted to more closely match the other switches.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
My '12 Highlander had a SNOW switch that was push on push off. It looked similar in size to the blank on the dash too. You could also try another 4x4 switch (pictured) or a Windshield Wiper Defroster switch as well.

Reactions: tron

·
0 Posts
That's the spot for the Power Rear Hatch (Limited).
There is a thread to get an after-market switches that fit perfectly..

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all. I'll see what I can scrounge from the local pick-a-part yard. Maybe I'll find one of these:

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Sasquatch is going to be too big for the opening.
It won't even properly fit the larger opening in the 2nd gen Tacoma.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts