Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

181 - 191 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Yes, PLEASE do! I will absolutely stay glued to your results. That's friggin' awesome man. Good luck!
Just a quick update, I'm still running the Bosch 440cc injectors with no issues. Car runs very strong and much healthier with the larger injectors, Tundra throttle body and E85 OR 93 octane. No DTC codes - lean or rich since the swap. Passed the TX state emissions shortly after the install. Now on to other fun stuff!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
Just a quick update, I'm still running the Bosch 440cc injectors with no issues. Car runs very strong and much healthier with the larger injectors, Tundra throttle body and E85 OR 93 octane. No DTC codes - lean or rich since the swap. Passed the TX state emissions shortly after the install. Now on to other fun stuff!
Big thanks for the update! I'm almost willing to bet that my injectors probably wasn't the problem all along. Will know when I get the RAV4 back out the shop. Will check on it next week.

Your post is very encouraging. Really glad it worked out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello. I have a 2016 Highlander with the 2GR-FE that I'm trying to boost. That's good news to hear,but can you go a bit more in depth on what you did to run it well?Did you also tune it to run on E85 or 93 octane?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hello. I have a 2016 Highlander with the 2GR-FE that I'm trying to boost. That's good news to hear,but can you go a bit more in depth on what you did to run it well?Did you also tune it to run on E85 or 93 octane?
R9KTuned reflashed ECU. The handheld programmer allows you load either a E85, 93 or stock tune... technically it'll store 5 different ones. You can only have one loaded at a time. Takes about 5min to load each tune. Gustavo has tuned the ecu for 93 octane and we're still tweaking the E85 tune. Currently needs more fuel before 5500rpm.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
R9KTuned reflashed ECU. The handheld programmer allows you load either a E85, 93 or stock tune... technically it'll store 5 different ones. You can only have one loaded at a time. Takes about 5min to load each tune. Gustavo has tuned the ecu for 93 octane and we're still tweaking the E85 tune. Currently needs more fuel before 5500rpm.

I'm going with the HKS GTS 8550 supercharger kit,which is good for 500 crank horsepower,but I am looking to get 400 crank horsepower for now. It looks like I will need the 525cc injectors.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm going with the HKS GTS 8550 supercharger kit,which is good for 500 crank horsepower,but I am looking to get 400 crank horsepower for now. It looks like I will need the 525cc injectors.
Keep us posted on your build - got a link? What are you tuning with? Myxalplx ran the 550cc and had rich fueling issues on the R9K Tune...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Keep us posted on your build - got a link? What are you tuning with? Myxalplx ran the 550cc and had rich fueling issues on the R9K Tune...

This is the supercharger kit:https://www.vividracing.com/hks-gts8550-supercharger-assembly-p-151104115.html
It's about $1,000 cheaper if you buy it from Japan.
This is the aftermarket ECU that I'm buying: https://www.haltech.com/product/ht-151305-elite-2500/
These are the fuel injectors:https://www.monkeywrenchracing.com/product/mwr-fuel-injector-set-6-2gr-fe-engine-525cc/

·
Registered
247 Posts
This is the supercharger kit:https://www.vividracing.com/hks-gts8550-supercharger-assembly-p-151104115.html
It's about $1,000 cheaper if you buy it from Japan.
This is the aftermarket ECU that I'm buying: https://www.haltech.com/product/ht-151305-elite-2500/
These are the fuel injectors:https://www.monkeywrenchracing.com/product/mwr-fuel-injector-set-6-2gr-fe-engine-525cc/
Wow.. that's some list! Is this a wish list or have u started buying some of this?

Couple questions..
1. What bracket you u using for this supercharger and who's installing it?

2. Why Haltech and not the Link ecu?

3. Who's doing the ecu install and tuning? Got a price estimate on this?. I'm really interested...

4. Why go with the short MRW injectors instead of longer ones that reach into the lower intake runner?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow.. that's some list! Is this a wish list or have u started buying some of this?

Couple questions..
1. What bracket you u using for this supercharger and who's installing it?

2. Why Haltech and not the Link ecu?

3. Who's doing the ecu install and tuning? Got a price estimate on this?. I'm really interested...

4. Why go with the short MRW injectors instead of longer ones that reach into the lower intake runner?

1.My mechanic is installing it.
2. I am going with the Haltech 2500 because it's a very advanced ECU.
3. This I'm still looking around. The benefit of the Haltech 2500 is that it has auto-learning tables for fuel,ignition timing,idle control and boost control. It also has dual channel knock control,closed loop idle speed control,closed loop O2 control etc. Any decent tuner is going to be able to work on this ECU.
4. I didn't think about this. I choose these injectors because they fit my power goals,but maybe I ought to think a bit more about it. Thanks for the suggestion!

·
Registered
247 Posts
1.My mechanic is installing it.
2. I am going with the Haltech 2500 because it's a very advanced ECU.
3. This I'm still looking around. The benefit of the Haltech 2500 is that it has auto-learning tables for fuel,ignition timing,idle control and boost control. It also has dual channel knock control,closed loop idle speed control,closed loop O2 control etc. Any decent tuner is going to be able to work on this ECU.
4. I didn't think about this. I choose these injectors because they fit my power goals,but maybe I ought to think a bit more about it. Thanks for the suggestion!
I suppose if your mechanic is installing it, he'll make a custom bracket and pulley tensioner? Sounds expensive, like easily $10k with all parts, install and tuning. Would love to see progress on the build!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
HKSsupercharger2019's setup sounds really interesting. The Haltech 2500 ECU and such is out of my league. I'm just here to read and learn at this point. Looking forward to results and all. I take it you will be upgrading either your pistons, rods or a combination of both. Can't remember where I read about the limit being in the mid 400hp range somewhere. I need to find a link

I'm back on stock injectors and passed my emissions. Evap canister was changed out as well. Been driving around without issues for the most part. Did get two check engine lights about maf sensor out of range sigh. Haven't been back on though. So...holding steady atm. Just driving it off and on to see how things pan out. Drives well though without issues.

181 - 191 of 191 Posts