Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great site, greetings to all. New owner with just 219 miles. Have always had moonroof on all my vehicles, this one no exception. Going to work tonight, had it cracked open for ventilation with scattered rain showers and then water began dripping on both drivers and passengers seats. Never had this happen with other vehicles. Anyone experience this? :?:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx. Blizzard Pearl. As I stated, I've always done the ventilation thing with both Ford and Chrysler moonroofs with no leakage. Just wondering if this is normal for this vehicle.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Hmm......... I have a moonroof but I can't answer it either. I don't open it in the rain. :D

If I take it through the carwash I'll open it and see what happens.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
:roll: It's not abnormal to use the sunroof in the vent position when it's a light rain. The aerodynamics don't usually result in anything coming in while you're moving, although the RAV4 may be different in that regard.

One circumstance in which you will get water coming in through the sunroof is if you tilt it while you have a fair amount of water sitting on the top of the car. Apply the brakes and it'll move forward and you get a minor waterfall. Happened to me once. If the roof is wet I don't tilt the roof now until I've driven a couple of miles and the water has all blown off in the wind.

·
Registered
652 Posts
becks said:
ROFL....Janos that was a very funny post...I laughed outloud...lol
My wife won't let me test my theory....oh well. :? :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts