Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,585 Posts
Best of luck even finding a Bronco for sale right now.

·
Super Moderator
11,340 Posts
Why is it that people can't read the original post?

PLANS CHANGED.
Agreed! If your plans are gonna STAY changed a different vehicle is in your best interest. Maybe an inexpensive used pickup would do the job alongside the RAV4. That is unless you need to be seen in a $40-50K+ vehicle not a $10K one.

In my case I'm making $$$$ towing my 20' dyno trailer with my 2001 F-250 that's about to get Classic Vehicle license plates.

Reactions: Murdy

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Best of luck even finding a Bronco for sale right now.
We have a few every now and again up here.... but I'm in no rush. She's getting the job done, just not as well as I'd like. As long as I watch the weather and avoid the really muddy days, we'll be ok.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Agreed! If your plans are gonna STAY changed a different vehicle is in your best interest. Maybe an inexpensive used pickup would do the job alongside the RAV4. That is unless you need to be seen in a $40-50K+ vehicle not a $10K one.

In my case I'm making $$$$ towing my 20' dyno trailer with my 2001 F-250 that's about to get Classic Vehicle license plates.
This is a distinct possibility of an option. I've got my eyes partially peeled for a square body chev. No rush though.

So... being a Dyno guy, what kind of power would you expect to get out of a tune/intake/exhaust on a Rav?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
With modern emissions and fuel economy regulations, there is not much you can do. A free flow air filter, such as K&N may add a couple HP, and a freer exhaust may add a couple too, overall, just a percent or two.

How about trading in for a RAV4 Prime which has over 300 HP equivalent. It is the second fastest car/truck that Toyota makes after the Supra.
I don't know a whole lot about the Prime, but if I trade this girl in, it certainly won't be for another rav. Or a Toyota for that matter.

I could be wrong, but wouldn't the electric motor lose charge after a fairly short while and then leave me in the bush with the <170hp gas engine in there?

·
Super Moderator
11,340 Posts
This is a distinct possibility of an option. I've got my eyes partially peeled for a square body chev. No rush though.

So... being a Dyno guy, what kind of power would you expect to get out of a tune/intake/exhaust on a RAV?
I doubt there any effective tunes available. Of course there are plenty of rip-offs that'll hit you for $$$ for junk and promise you the moon.
Intake and exhaust mods will make it sound more powerful but again give no significant gains.

ABTW, I edited you title to make it reflect reality. If you find some magic that really does something I'll put the "!!!" back.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I doubt there any effective tunes available. Of course there are plenty of rip-offs that'll hit you for $$$ for junk and promise you the moon.
Intake and exhaust mods will make it sound more powerful but again give no significant gains.

ABTW, I edited you title to make it reflect reality. If you find some magic that really does something I'll put the "!!!" back.
Hahaha.... good call. The punctuation was likely misleading.

Yeah, I assumed as much about tunes and limited results on the other stuff... but it doesn't hurt to ask. I found some actual gains on an ecoboost with the trifecta, but that's a factory boosted engine limited by the PSI of the factory tune. NA soccer mom car? not so optimistic.

I'll tough it out with her for now... and perhaps a truck next year will solve all of my life problems? Ok... maybe just my off road/towing issues.

Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
2021 Rav 4 XLE gas engine
528 Posts
Look at the specs on the Bronco! They're anemic.
Agreed! Bronco sport is a re-bodied Escape with a 3 cylinder engine that puts out much less horsepower than the RAV4. The Badlands edition with the 4 cylinder costs a bloody fortune and is slower than the RAV4 Prime.

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Prime SE
9 Posts
I don't know a whole lot about the Prime, but if I trade this girl in, it certainly won't be for another rav. Or a Toyota for that matter.

I could be wrong, but wouldn't the electric motor lose charge after a fairly short while and then leave me in the bush with the <170hp gas engine in there?
The Prime doesn't ever lose the 302HP, no matter what the battery life is at.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Look at the specs on the Bronco! They're anemic.
You’re thinking of the Bronco Sport, which is a rebodied Escape. The Bronco has far more power and capabilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
990 Posts
Honestly I would just learn to accept the 4000-5000rpm steady state that you may need for such duties. You could run the vehicle like this for a very long time with no issues.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts