Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like Toyota snuck some more documents and photos in under the radar... I know I didn't see all of these on the supposed posting date of Nov 2, so here we go!

Three PDF documents, tagged as Features, Specifications and Options:

http://pressroom.toyota.com/presstxt/2006toyotakit/2006Rav4_f.pdf
http://pressroom.toyota.com/presstxt/2006toyotakit/2006Rav4_s.pdf
http://pressroom.toyota.com/presstxt/2006toyotakit/2006Rav4_o.pdf

Limited gets "Heated and power foldable side mirrors". Cool. :)

What caught my attention was that photo Autoblog posted picturing the rear seats. Went to Pressroom Toyota and found a few more photos that weren't there previously.

http://pressroom.toyota.com/?page= images&criteria=rav4

I wish someone had access to the full size photos... I'd love to see the extra details from the higher resolution.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,348 Posts
karrock said:
I wish someone had access to the full size photos... I'd love to see the extra details from the higher resolution.
Which ones do you want to see? :D I can download them and then store them on RAV4World 8)

Regarding "Heated/Foldable mirrors"... I'm pretty sure these were already available on the 4.2 model :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
396 Posts
You mean the heated outside left/right side mirrors? Yeah, already have those on the 4.2. The more pics and info they give out, the more disappointed I get. I admire the new V6 engine they're gonna use, but man, they really didn't do anything for the Sport edition to make it. different from the L/Base models. Just a +1 wheel/tire combo and sporty suspension. Doesn't even get as many of the available options as the L or more options exclusive to it. Not even a hoodscoop now. :? :?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kelly Smith said:
karrock said:
I wish someone had access to the full size photos... I'd love to see the extra details from the higher resolution.
Which ones do you want to see? :D I can download them and then store them on RAV4World 8)

Regarding "Heated/Foldable mirrors"... I'm pretty sure these were already available on the 4.2 model :?
Well, personally, I'd like ALL of the photos, but that's just me! :D

I know the mirrors are heated and fold *manually* on my '01, but these are labelled "power", which to me, means they fold in electrically at the touch of a button. I saw this option on Toyota's Japanese RAV4 website and was thinking about griping about that as well.

There's a few other interesting trinkets up there that are likely dealer-installed items, mostly because they looked "tacked on" (Clean Ion unit mounted like a rather large wart on the headliner, ultrasonic parking assist indicator tacked onto the dashboard and looking very much aftermarket).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,348 Posts
karrock said:
Well, personally, I'd like ALL of the photos, but that's just me! :D

I know the mirrors are heated and fold *manually* on my '01, but these are labelled "power", which to me, means they fold in electrically at the touch of a button. I saw this option on Toyota's Japanese RAV4 website and was thinking about griping about that as well.
Here's a start. I'll need to make THUMBNAILS... later :?
http://www.rav4world.com/2006_LARGE/
If our site crashes today... I'll know way :? these photos are ENORMOUS :p

I've seen the "power-fold-in-out" mirrors on the Sequoia. I think the "power" mirrors on the RAV4 pertains to them being "power-adjustable". I doubt the RAV4s will power-fold-in-out :)

I should know for sure later tonight. The first shipment of 2006 RAV4s were supposed to have arrived yesterday at the port. We are scheduled to begin processing them tonight 8)
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kelly Smith said:
Here's a start. I'll need to make THUMBNAILS... later :?
http://www.rav4world.com/2006_LARGE/
If our site crashes today... I'll know way :? these photos are ENORMOUS :p

I've seen the "power-fold-in-out" mirrors on the Sequoia. I think the "power" mirrors on the RAV4 pertains to them being "power-adjustable". I doubt the RAV4s will power-fold-in-out :)

I should know for sure later tonight. The first shipment of 2006 RAV4s were supposed to have arrived yesterday at the port. We are scheduled to begin processing them tonight 8)
Great! Thanks Kelly! I'll download as soon as I get home.

Here's what I saw on the Toyota Japan site (rough translation by Babel Fish):

Mirror housing when getting on and off of the car / there is no return operation and it is convenient.
The mirror houses with the door lock, the mirror returns with unlocking.
10,500 Yen (Consumer tax pulling out 10,000 Yen)
* The interior mirror switch housing is located when and, when the key is the ACC/ON,
It is not linked.


Now that I see the verbage in the features PDF again, I notice it varies only with the Sport model (which is probably just a continuity typo), so I suppose I jumped the gun with that option.

For those looking for specifications on interior & cargo volume and other technical figures omitted from previous press releases and brochures, it's in there, albeit with a "preliminary" caveat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Kelly Smith said:
should know for sure later tonight. The first shipment of 2006 RAV4s were supposed to have arrived yesterday at the port. We are scheduled to begin processing them tonight

Kelly,
Do you think we can make order to dealers tomorrow?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,348 Posts
vallesj said:
Kelly,
Do you think we can make order to dealers tomorrow?
I have no idea.... but I suppose it's worth a try. Since pricing has been officially announced by Toyota ( http://rav4world.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1926 ) I don't see any reason why the dealers should not start taking orders.

Sorry to say.... we did NOT process any 2006 RAV4s at work last night. :( A small decision had to be made as to how/who does some of the work on the new RAVs. Instead of night management making a decision... they put it off and chose to wait one more day for day shift management to make the call :roll: Instead... we spent most of the night processing the first load of the 2006 Prius. :?
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top