Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry by the time I got to the Things you would like change sticky it was locked.

After test-driving several of the new RAVs this is what I would like to see changed or made available,
1. Real off road package, a few more inches of ground clearance, Skid plates, heaver duty tyranny, differentials.
2. Panoramic sunroof like on the Scion TC and BMW M3. Let us see the sky!
3. HID headlights
4. Bigger gas tank. At least 18 – 20 gallons. I like going on long road trips out in the boonies here in Arizona, and having the extra range when the availability of gas is iffy would be good.
5. Better, more comfortable seats. Unfortunately even the seats of the Lexus RX aren’t any better. Toyota just can’t seem to figure out seats. Need to see how Mercedes and BMW do it. I would GLADLY pay the extra to get seats that nice.
6. Navigation system.
7. Real 5 mph bumpers. (Applies to nearly all autos out there) Nothing below 5 mph should do more than lightly scratch the paint. I not talking bumpers like those on my old 1985 GMC Suburban the you could nock down a wall without damaging them, just something that lives up to the requirements.
8. A turbo diesel or hybrid option would be nice. Possible something like the displacement on demand systems you see on some of the new V8’s out there for the V6.
9. More color options.
10. Upward opening rear door and/or separately opening rear glass. Toyota has that option on the FC also (separately opening glass). The upward opening door provides better protection from sun and rain and safer access when parked.
11. If Toyota made a Lexus version of the RAV I would love it, as long as it’s not made any larger. And that reminds me of wish number
12. Make the short wheelbase European version available in the US with a V6. Not all of us carry passengers or need 4 doors or that much more space than on the previous model. I haven’t even had the rear seats in my 2004 RAV for over 1 year now, just leave them in storage.
13. 7 speed or CVT tyranny with a real rock crawling gear. Just have 2nd be the same as a regular 1st gear and program the car to start in that unless you have selected the Lock Diff button. Save the breaks for what they are for, Stopping. I would hate to see what the breaks look like after a 30-mile downhill with the hill assist clamping them down.
14. Regular 2-prong house type power outlet. Toyota has them in the FC and the Matrix.

Truthfully, if the FJ Cruiser had a sunroof I would likely go for it at this point, but I don’t like having to move up to something that heavy. I like having the full size spare, as you do not want to be stuck with one of those silly mini spares when you are 150 miles from the nearest paved road or tow truck.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"11. If Toyota made a Lexus version of the RAV I would love it, as long as it’s not made any larger."

I think it called an RX. :wink:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The RX is much larger and does not handle as well. Just saying Toyota needs to explor offering a wider range of options. They compitition is gettign stronger . I also feel that the size of the new RAV moves it into the midsize market, where nearly everything on my list is offered by someone else. Toyota actually could offer nearly everything there easily from thier own parts bin.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like Jeep is coming out with a competitor also, the "Patriot’ has a CVT with a Low range option, bit more ground clearance. Aimed more at those of us who do go places that are a bit silly on occasion. Looks to be similar in size and power to the 4 cylinder RAV. The competition never rests.

http://www.jeep.com/en/07patriot/index.html

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Love the RAV4 so far, but wish the following options were available:

1. Black leather
2. HID projector headlamps
3. Navigation
4. More color options for Sport model
5. Leather steering wheel, handbrake, and shift knob should be standard!

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
i was checking out some european ravs ..........i love the cool options they get........is it since they get a smaller version, they get the cool stuff (just kidding).........i would like to see options like push button start,navigation,bluetooth,roof mounted antenna,side turn signals,a diesel engine 4-d4,hid head lamps,cool nudge bars,finger print entry,and a 5 speed stick.......and there is a european lexus market so if toyota can give high end luxury vehs and still be able to offer these options on the toyota market over seas why its such a big deal for toyota not to offer these options here and to other countries....are they like waiting to see how the rav4 does w/ sales over here before they offer the cool stuff....... i mean mazda and nissan offer the some of these options......makes me want to order a finland rav4 x w/ a diesel and ship it over in flint metalic......sooooooo rav!!!! :twisted: i would also like to see a swing up lift gate and
better skid plates.....

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Toyota NA...are you out there reading these posts. Coming soon the 2007 Honda CRV with many features RAVXD mentioned (Nav system, rubber duckie roof mounted antenna, turn signals integrated in side mirrors, keyless entry, projector beam headlamps) plus another close to my heart...bracketless wiper blades!!

The Matrix has the roof antenna, its here (US)!
The Avalon has bracketless wiper blades (as does the Civic)!
Keyless engine start is in many Toyotas here in the US, not just Lexuses.

I'll stop my whining now and wait for October.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
RAVXD said:
i was checking out some european ravs ..........i love the cool options they get........is it since they get a smaller version, they get the cool stuff (just kidding).........i would like to see options like push button start,navigation,bluetooth,roof mounted antenna,side turn signals,a diesel engine 4-d4,hid head lamps,cool nudge bars,finger print entry,and a 5 speed stick.......and there is a european lexus market so if toyota can give high end luxury vehs and still be able to offer these options on the toyota market over seas why its such a big deal for toyota not to offer these options here and to other countries....are they like waiting to see how the RAV4 does w/ sales over here before they offer the cool stuff....... i mean mazda and nissan offer the some of these options......makes me want to order a finland RAV4 x w/ a diesel and ship it over in flint metalic......sooooooo RAV!!!! :twisted: i would also like to see a swing up lift gate and
better skid plates.....
Yes, but a Euro RAV4 with all these options retails at something like 27,000 pounds in the UK for example. Even allowing for the 17.5% sales tax that price will include, that's still the equivalent of about $41000US.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think it's all a matter of what features each specific country chooses to put in their local releases. I live in the Philippines and we basically have two choices: 2wd or 4wd. Both come with the 4-cyl engine. The only differences between the two are that the 4wd has 6 airbags (instead of 2), leather, power seats & fender flares. Unlike the US models, both models come standard with projector headlights, nice 17" wheels, hood-mounted antenna, cruise control, leather shifter & steering wheel, steering wheel mounted audio controls, keyless entry, tonneau cover & net, etc. Not a bad set of options.....somewhere in between the Sport & the Limited if it were in the US. .I'd probably end up getting them even if they weren't standard issue. No third-row seating option though.....

That being said, I do wish that it had come with a better stereo (I've never seen such a nice car with such a crap stereo) and more comfortable seats. Also, I wish that aftermarket accessories were more readily available....in time, I guess.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I personally like having the V6 and can live without all the other features Europe has (incl. the sticker price). Next best feature is probably the 3rd row on my list.

Maybe it doesn't look as cool as the european models, but it sure moves and fits my family lifestyle.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
a bit more solid feel to the car.
better seats
get rid of the a** shaking AC
fix that accelerator delay issue

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Baron G said:
Yes, but a Euro RAV4 with all these options retails at something like 27,000 pounds in the UK for example. Even allowing for the 17.5% sales tax that price will include, that's still the equivalent of about $41000US.

better yet..........they could remove all the safety features seat belts,seat belt reminders,veh stabilty,air bags,tire presure monitors,drl's,etc,etc,etc..........then i could afford the cool european options and save some money in the long run.......yep that sounds soooo rav :twisted: ......ooops reality is setting in.......... :wall

1 - 18 of 18 Posts