Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on installing a Class III hitch. I want it to be discrete though (i.e. less noticeable from behind). Any idea :?: Pictures would be very much appreciated.

Thanks ...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Choices are slim but...

I mounted a class III hitch from Draw-Tite and it looks pretty good from the rear. I have a rear pic of the vehicle posted on my album. If it does not show the fidelity you want send me your email and I'll send you a clearer picture. BTW I topped that hitch with a chrome half moon Bully Bar which looks sweet. :D

Cheers.

Shorty

·
Registered
116 Posts
...pretty sure it's a Reese. I just took the stickers off it and you can hardly tell it's there. Having said that, it's only four bolts to hold it on if you'd prefer to only install it when needed. Putting it on or taking it off is only a 5 minute job.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As the RAV4 does not have rear bumper, it is more susceptible to damage from a rear-end colision. A trailer hitch along with the rear door-mounted spare tire acts as the rear bumper and helps reduce rear-end damage. I keep my trailer hitch on at all times. Having it on (and visible) may also keep some idiots from following too close.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I am also looking for a discrete class III hitch. Draw-Tite, Reese, and Hidden Hitch are all made by the same company, Cequent Towing Products, so I think the quality is the same for all of them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts