Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on installing a Class III hitch. I want it to be discrete though (i.e. less noticeable from behind). Any idea :?: Pictures would be very much appreciated.

Thanks ...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Choices are slim but...

I mounted a class III hitch from Draw-Tite and it looks pretty good from the rear. I have a rear pic of the vehicle posted on my album. If it does not show the fidelity you want send me your email and I'll send you a clearer picture. BTW I topped that hitch with a chrome half moon Bully Bar which looks sweet. :D

Cheers.

Shorty

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As the RAV4 does not have rear bumper, it is more susceptible to damage from a rear-end colision. A trailer hitch along with the rear door-mounted spare tire acts as the rear bumper and helps reduce rear-end damage. I keep my trailer hitch on at all times. Having it on (and visible) may also keep some idiots from following too close.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I am also looking for a discrete class III hitch. Draw-Tite, Reese, and Hidden Hitch are all made by the same company, Cequent Towing Products, so I think the quality is the same for all of them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts